A year before this trip, my fiancé and I decided to go to Hawaii, I researched every hotel in Waikiki and thought I was sure about Kahala, that was until I started reading reviews on TA and the all advised that if you want pure luxury then Halekulani is the place. My fiancé was hung up on the expense but as this was going to be a one-off splurge, I convinced him to go for it!. Well, we fell totally in love with Halekulani and couldn't have chosen a better hotel, worth every single penny. So much so, that last year we made the long trip from Northern Ireland to take my parents to experience the Hawaii and of course the Halekulani!. I did ask my fiancé where he wanted to stay this time and he said he would NOT stay anywhere else!. Forget the cost!
As we pulled up to the hotel, the door was graciously opened and the staff member said Welcome to the Halekulani Miss Anderson! How was your flight from Las Vegas Wow, impressed!! The bags were whisked away to the rooms and check-in was completed by the fantastic Jerome, who throughout our stay helped us, answered our questions and made us feel very welcome. He is a major asset to Halekulani.
This hotel is serene. calm and beautiful, you are in the centre of Waikiki with restaurants, bar, Waikiki beach and fabulous shops (Tiffany's, Macys etc) on your doorstep yet the hotel is quiet and relaxing. The pool area is perfect with great attendants to help you with your sunlounger. Each night there was a lovely little present left on our bed at turndown, the rooms were pretty, bright and clean.
We were lucky enough to have both breakfast and brunch at Orchids which were both out of this world with regards to food, setting, atmosphere and especially service. Our particular waiter Aga, was outstanding. He was polite and there exactly when you need him without being intrusive, each time we got up to go to the buffet he had the table cleared and brushed!, before we returned with another course!.
There are regular weddings happening at this hotel but they are small and do not interfere with any aspect of your stay, in my opinion they actually add to the whole atmosphere and you can see why people would want to celebrate such a happy occasion in these surroundings. Also, the manager holds a little evening on one of the terraces during the week which serves complimentary food and drinks looking over Waikiki Beach at Sunset.
The Halekulani employs lovely people who understand the true meaning of customer service and are always friendly, polite and willing to help. The Halekulani has given us wonderful memories that will stay with us forever. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu