“Professional Service”

Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Shanghai, China
“Professional Service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The service of the doubletree Hotel is very professional.And the bed is very comforble!I enjoy the hotel simple & concise.All the staffs are so kind and professional. If the hotel can offer the free WI-FI Service, it wiil be better. Thank all the Staffs! Tank you for all helps! Your Sincerely!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree Alana Waikiki twice (both stop overs from our trip from USA to Aus. & back. The staff Danny, Melissa, & Ewa was excellent. They all went out of their way to help give us special help when needed. Good Job for these employees for I certainly would recommend spending time at this hotel for the special service that was given. Thanks again to all three of the above mentioned people. Good job to all.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lee F
Irvine, California, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice hotel, stayed in a two room with a king bed. The room was nice, no complaints. The bathroom had a shower tub with an amazing shower head that adjusted with a slider that made it easy to give my 5 year old a shower! The staff were very nice even when there was a mix up with our rooms that they fixed right away when we checked in. The neighborhood, despite being a few blocks from the ocean didn't have a nice feel to it. It wasn't dangerous but just a little run down. I would definitely recommend this for business travel. For families, I would recommend staying closer to the beach.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters since you can't see the ocean. We were by the elevator and didn...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chinnshappytohelp
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed for a week at this property while on business. The hotel was selected by the site I visited and I couldn’t have been more pleased with their choice. The property is contemporary, clean, and understated (dignified) “island”. From the valets to the front desk staff to the housekeeping folks, every single employee was gracious and smiling and genuinely, warmly friendly in the way you imagine they would be in paradise. And those warm cookies offered up by the front desk are, alone, worth the price of admission! Mmmmm!
Parking is valet only and $30 a day. For a slightly naïve Midwesterner, this seems pricey, but is probably very reasonable for the location. The car was safe and sound at night and appeared very quickly in the morning when business was at hand and time was of the essence.
The property is right across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, endless shopping and dining venues, and the Waikiki beaches. Except for the pedestrian crossing light at the corner of Ala Moana Boulevard and Kalia Road, which may be the longest “Don’t Walk” in the history of pedestrian crossings, the beach is literally a five minute walk away.
Trees Restaurant & Bar on the Lobby Level was welcoming and the food was very good. I recommend the lemon chicken soup with white beans and crumbled feta, the shrimp and cucumber cocktail with charred lemon and horseradish, and the ubiquitous Mai Tai, as solidly expressed by my new all-time favorite bartender, Earl. Among the warm, friendly, “real” people I met during my stay, Earl and waitresses Natalia and Kira were among my favorites and stood out even among the great staff at this property.

Room Tip: No view of the waterfront that I could discern, so choice of floor or specific rooms is probably not...
1 Thank John T
Wailuku, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I forgot some credit cards and other items I typically store in my wallet, in the hotel safe. When I realized I had forgotten them in the safe, I was already at the airport waiting to board my flight. I called and talked the security officer and he promptly retrieved my items and placed them in the mail. Since it was on a Saturday, I received all of my forgotten items via priority mail on the Tuesday. I am so grateful to the professional staff and their attention to details.

2 Thank Arnold A
AlanaGuestServices, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Aloha Arnold,

Thank you so much for your review! Our security team takes great pride in ensuring our team and guests are safe and happy. I will definitely share your comments with them.

Kahului, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was in Waikiki and close to Ala Moana, a very good location. Everyone that I interacted with on the staff, from the valets, the front desk, and housekeeping was very pleasant and helpful in every way. I look forward to visitine the Doubletree in Waikiki again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Cliff C
Aloha Cliff,

Thank you for your review! We are always excited to welcome our kama'aina family to our property and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again soon!

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Double Tree Ala Moana is very clean with friendly staff. Nice gym but only 2 treadmills with a long weight. Gym needs a fan too. Guest rooms really need dehumidifiers too. Restaurant not vegan friendly. Street is one way with a bush devider so you cannot walk to hotel without going to the street corner. Street closed each night during my stay (not hotel's fault but very annoying). Parking on property is $30 per day! Even for hotel guests.

Aloha Susan,

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience of the road work - this was a temporary obstacle, but is now cleared. We hope to see you again soon!