DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach
US$323
US$483
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$455
US$414
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$300
US$229
1,679 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskthe hilton hawaiian villagevalet parkingbusiness travelercheeseburgerwithin walking distanceconvention centerbusiness tripvalet staffala moana blvdthe penthouseconvenient locationper daywaikiki beachacross the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

As always, the Double Tree check-in staff of the Waikiki location were very friendly and informative. Also, as always, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Although the location is great at the end of Waikiki, you can only make a right-hand turn into the hotel, but this is just the nature of the busy Ala Moana Boulevard. In any case, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here just one night before we made a preplanned move to a condo for the rest of the week. The room was lovely but the stained sofa bed cover/mattress pad gave the place a yucky feel. We were also given a room by the elevator and could hear it through the wall. There was free WIFI just in the lobby but would have been $10 in the room. That seemed pretty cheap for a pricey hotel.

It accommodated our family of six though without our having to rent two hotel rooms. The kids and my husband had fun in the morning down in the pool while I slept in and there were no complaints about that! Everyone loved the cookies too. We had to call for bedding for the sofa bed but they came quickly as they did in the AM when I called for extra cream for my coffee.

Still can't figure out why hotels often have teeny, tiny, little, bitty trash cans. These were even smaller than normal. There was literally no place to dispose of our take out containers from dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MKBSt.Paul
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Convenient location approx. 10-15 minutes walk from the beach, 15-20 minutes walk from the main shopping area and restaurants in Waikiki. Located on Ala Moana Boulevard which is also convenient if you have a car. Major downside was valet parking only ..and charge of $30 per night. Also charged half room rate to extend stay from 1 pm to 5 pm, but what can you do when your flight is at 9.30pm. Staff were friendly, room was adequate although only a shower, no bath . Food was expensive and not very appealing, bar had short opening hours. Overall a hotel which is better for business travelers, not for a couple on vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

As a Hilton Diamond Member, I was looking forward to using my points for a nice stay in O'ahu. This hotel was in a very convenient location to a number of typical tourist destinations. My girlfriend and I had a pleasant 3 night stay, but I do want to point out something that got under my nerves as a veteran traveler and frequent Hilton guest. They split up their 'free' breakfast menu so that a typical eggs, waffle, bacon, etc. breakfast that you would expect from any other DoubleTree is actually on their 'upgrade' menu. I know it's a minor detail in an otherwise acceptable stay, but it really got under my skin. Maybe it's because I was on vacation and trying to relax. Maybe it's because it puts you in an awkward position when you only brought a couple bucks for a tip and now have to go get more money from your room. Maybe it's because this is the first time I have ever seen this (I stay over 100 nights per year with Hilton alone). Whatever the reason, this practice really put a sour taste in my mouth and I don't think I'll be returning next time I'm in O'ahu

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank Garrett H
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband first time to stay here. We arrive around 11:00 in the morning and hotel check-in time is 3:00 PM.. But since theres available room, they check us in early..checking in was fast with very friendly staff plus they gave us the double tree signature cookie..(yummy!!!) We stayed at 5th floor.. room was clean and we have lanai overlooking the pool.. but we had an issue with the shower glass door..reported it and maintenance team immediately come up to our room and fix it.. so i give them 5 star for it.. beside the hotel is a restaurant called cheeseburger waikiki serving breakfast for $5.99... theres also subway,abc grocery storeear bus stop etc.. just 8 minutes walk to waikiki beachwalk where you can find luxury shops like prada,lv,coach and a lot more...

• Stayed: December 2013