“good location, affordable, decent”

DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Manila, Philippines
“good location, affordable, decent”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I checked-in here with some of my colleagues for a review class we attended last year. We stayed there for 2 weeks. The location of the hotel is great. It's right in Waikiki and a walking distance to the beach, the touristy spots, the Ala Moana Mall, the Catholic Church and the restaurants too.

The crew were very helpful and approachable and friendly. I really liked their service overall. They always keep our room clean. We stayed in a two-bed suite (with queen-sized beds). I love their bathroom, very clean and we can always get new towels. their shampoo and conditioners and soaps are all crabtree and evelyn, which i totally love because they are sulfate-free.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who's going to visit Waikiki. I really had a good experience and will definitely come back to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed 27 March 2014

After some trouble getting the correct rates upon check in we had a desk clerk step up and complete our checkin. She helped out the rest of our trip with other questions and services needed. There was a maintenance problem with our room, so we were re-located midway through our vacation but they were good to help us get moved. The highlight was happened after we checked out. I left my iPad in the lockbox. Double Tree (Clinton Yamashita and Jim McShane) proactively contacted me, confirmed my missing item, and promptly mailed it to my home.

THANK YOU!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dryflyscott
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Recently had a 12 night stay at the Doubletree Alana for business. Had stayed here once before a few years back, and it definitely is much nicer now that it has been renovated. The rooms are nice and spacious, the showers are great, but the bathrooms are tiny. Same with the elevators - TINY! The public spaces are not air conditioned which is quite uncomfortable when it is very humid outside.

Located on far end of Waikiki, closest to Ala Moana, across the way from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Quick walk to the beach, but a bit far from the Diamond Head end of Waikiki. Would I stay again? Yes, if the price was right - but I much prefer the Hilton Waikiki on Kuhio which has similar prices.

Room Tip: Ocean view is not really ocean view so I would not spend any extra money on that.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hginphl
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Clean, modern room with small fridge and balcony. Very comfortable bed. They only offer valet parking and it is $30. Close to everything. The breakfast was overpriced as there are plenty of better restaurants on the same block.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I travel to Hawaii 4 times a year and this was my first stay at the Double Tree. Even thought I'm a Hilton Honours member, I was put in a closet sized room with an adjoining door 1 floor above the pool.(5th floor) Not acceptable as I was there for work and didn't want to deal with the noise or the size of the room. I was moved to a Hilton Honours floor (16) and that was much better. Went to breakfast 1 morning and I had to ask to be served, after 4 more tables were seated and had been served coffee. I'll try it again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nice hotel, centrally-located, and 10 minute walk from Convention Center where I had business. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price seemed fair for the location. If there is a next time, and don't need ready access to convention Center, would probably stay at Marriott where I have Platinum status and qualify for various benefits.

2 Thank lawrencerc2014
Delaware USA
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at this properety for years. It had become dated. But after the renovation, this hotel is much better. The rooms are crisp and clean and the service has improved (same staff, just happier people). Althought not on the beach, it is a short walk to all that is Waikiki. Will stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014