Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
  • Restaurant
1,109 results
All reviewskapiolani parkdiamond headcomplimentary winefree bikesoutrigger canoe clubbeach chairsboutique hotelpremium roomquiet locationminute walkcorner roomvalet parkingquiet end of waikikikaimana beachacross the streetocean viewbottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Two visits over the course of ten days confirmed that this is one of the best hotels experiences to be had. From the friendly greeting on arrival (and ever other time you meet someone), to assistance with any requests and helpful advice when you just don't know, the feeling here permeates casual relaxation - but without any sacrifice to the level of service you'll get. With views that overlook parklands, Daimond Head, a glimpse of the beach and a stunning vista towards downtown Honolulu (especially after sunset), this is where I'll be staying on future visits. The Aqua Lotus is situated an easy 15 minute walk from the bustle of the main strip but the 'buffer' of the beachfront parks makes for a lovely transition at the beginning and end of each day's activities. I left behind a couple of items after my first stay, but they were there, safe and sound, for pick-up on my return a week later. And on the second stay, unbeknowns to me, two credit cards had slid out of sight under furniture. Before we'd realised they were missing, hotel staff had contacted us and organised courier delivery (to Australia!) whilst happily declining offers to reimburse them. That's what I call 'the extra mile'! Top marks Aqua Lotus, Mahalo nui loa.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pete059
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to post your great comments with regards to your stay with us at the AQUA Lotus Honolulu. You point out the areas that set us apart from the rest, the excellent location, and personalized amenities and most important the friendly and professional staff.

I was pleased to read of your findings during your stay – I am particularly happy to hear that the credit card and our lost and found procedures all worked exactly as they are supposed to and your property was recovered seamlessly. Great story!
See you on your return, hopefully sooner than later.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Fantastic location away from main high-rise concentration of larger hotels but close enough to walk to. Next to quiet uncrowded stretch of beach. Beautiful park opposite which is overlooked by Diamond Head. Relatively small hotel with 12 floors ( the first 2 are Reception, lounge and meeting rooms). Cool, calm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful, modern, clean decor.
We had room on 7th floor facing Diamond Head and Kapliona Park but could also see the ocean.
Complimentary coffee, tea and chocolate available in the morning and wine in the afternoon. We made daily use of the beach mats, towels and chairs provided at Reception.
High spot was starting the day with Yoga 4 times a week in the park under a Banyan tree. Courtney and Pablo were great.
Although no restaurant at the hotel there is a fantastic place next door. The meals at the Hau Tree Lanai were superb.
The staff at the Lotus were extremely friendly and helpful but not pushy.

Room Tip: Read previous reviews and requested higher floor. We had 7th floor with great views at tree top level. Also paid little extra for premium room with 2 lanais which was worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Helen T

We have recently completed a room enhancement project and all our guest rooms are completely renovated and everyone who visits us comments on great everything turned out. We are also very close to being able to announce an exciting tenant to occupy our restaurant space on the second floor.

I hope that you are able to return soon to experience all of these great improvements.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I did my homework looking for the best place to stay in Honolulu for a family of five adults. I had a lot of people to please. Aqua Lotus did not disappoint. My husband and I stayed in one room and the kids stayed in room next to us. We were on the 10th floor, and had a spectacular view of Diamond Head to the right, the ocean to the left. We even slept with our doors open at night, that's how quiet it is here. Yet it's a short 10 minute walk to the Waikiki hustle and bustle, which we did enjoy. But we were very happy to come back to our boutique hotel. I don't know what I liked the most; maybe opening my eyes (in a very comfy bed) and seeing the sunrise over Diamond Head, or maybe it was waking to the sound of birds singing, which I would sit and listen to on my lanai while sipping my (free) coffee! We also discovered Lulu's restaurant for breakfast which meant a lovely stroll through a beautiful park every morning. Free towels, free beach chairs, free boogie boards, were also appreciated. And a lovely touch was the extremely welcoming and helpful staff who addressed us by name when we came down for our car. The rooms were large and newly renovated. Hope to come back someday...

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Janjac3

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I just spent the weekend at The Lotus. The hotel was so nice and comfortable I did not want to leave. A really terrific location. You could walk to Waikiki or enjoy some of the terrific restaurants in the area. The views of the Ocean and Diamond Head were incredible. The staff is very friendly, and offers excellent service. I highly recommend this hotel, it is a gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Eric N

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We loved the modern, Asian-inspired decor. I took another Travelocity member's advice and requested a room on the seventh floor or higher. Also got the deluxe ocean-view room. It was worth the extra $20 or so dollars! We had an amazing view of Diamond Head on one side and could see a sizeable slice of the ocean on the other. Other great things about this hotel -- it was very quiet, bed was super comfy, they offered free wine from 4 to 6 p.m. in the lobby (nice touch!) and it was adjacent to a very pretty little park where we could jog, walk or people-watch. Also, in the hotel next door was a great little restaurant where we could eat on the lanai directly on Waikiki Beach (Hau Tree Lanai). We made OpenTable.com reservations and had a no-brainer place to go for dinner the night we checked in all jet-lagged and everything. Only downside was the $20-per-day parking, but that seemed to be common among all the area hotels. Highly recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: I took another Travelocity member's advice and requested a room on the seventh floor or higher. Also got the deluxe ocean-view room. It was worth the extra $20 or so dollars! We had an amazing view of Diamond Head on one side and could see a sizeable slice of the ocean on the other.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple