We stayed at Lotus for several days based on the reviews on TA and our experience was slightly above average after taking many things into account. The hotel's greatest attribute is the customer service - possibly the best service we have received at any hotel in North America and likely do to the fact that it is a boutique hotel with less than 50 rooms therefore the attention to guest satisfaction is higher than a standard hotel. For this I give them full credit as everyone from the valet to housekeeping do a fine job (the staff here actually run to complete tasks which wasn't necessary but fun to watch). The free evening wine and water during our stay were nice touches as well. The hotel was recently renovated but that doesn't mean everything is new as many areas of the hotel and room were untouched. For example, our bathroom was very old and motel-esque and not particularly clean compared to other $400/nt hotels. Higher end hotels will often do a renovation which means everything is new in the room but I would classify the Lotus as having done a partial renovation. Now, I should clarify that we have been to Waikiki a dozen times and if this was our first stay in Waikiki we would have been very pleased overall especially if we knew beforehand that there is no pool, pool access or fitness facility and didn't expect these amenities, which we were aware of. However we have been to Waikiki and stayed at other hotels therefore we have the luxury of making comparisons which is why we suggest this hotel is average. The location is definitely away from the crowds of Waikiki on Kalakaua but a short 10 minute walk if you want to be in the Waikiki mix but there is a large park almost beside the hotel which has some interesting characters. The massive park across the street is filled with people doing athletics. The hotel shares a private beach with Outrigger but it is very small and there is a lot of coral and rock a few meters into the water so bring water shoes if you intend to hit the beach and enter the water. I would recommend staying here for $200/nt but at $400/nt you can do better unless your primary focus is service within the hotel because that aspect is unparalleled. We did not try the restaurant during our stay but the reviews on TA appear to be good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii