We had stayed at this hotel when it was a "W" and decided to try it under new ownership. We booked a corner room and arrived late at night. We awoke the next morning to a spectacular view of Diamond Head.
Everything that has been written about the staff is spot on--helpful, congenial and professional.
We had breakfast the first morning in the 2nd floor restaurant seated by the window and taking in the pleasant sights, sounds and aromas from outdoors. The breakfast staff couldn't be more pleasant and helpful. Although food choices were limited, the selections were fresh and tasty. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate are offered each morning. As the room had a nice mini fridge, we bought breakfast items for the remainder of our stay, but visited the restaurant each day for our coffee and daily newspaper.
The rooms are adequately sized and outfitted with plenty of storage for personal items, a desk, chair and ottoman. A table and chair are located on the balcony but the day it rained, we brought them indoors for our breakfast and they fit in perfectly without crowding the room.
A Starbucks coffee machine and coffee capsules were provided for that morning wake-up cup.
Under the tv is more storage and the mini fridge..
One long wall of the bathroom is vanity/mirror with a lot of space on either side of the sink for toiletries. Opposite the vanity is shelving with a large selection of bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, etc. I believe all rooms are equipped with showers, which is fine by me. Often bathrooms with tub and shower seem to be a waste of space and the tub usually goes unused.
The only complaint I heard from other guests is that there is only one elevator for the 12 story building causing wait times, but with only 5 units per floor, we didn't see that as a problem. The elevator does open onto a corridor which is open air and, seemingly, some guest seem to forget they are in a hotel and use their "outdoor" voices while waiting for the elevator.
The location is close to San Souci Beach,close to a bus stop and an easy walk to Waikiki.
The clientele is well rounded with young families, couples, seniors and it's evident that many
are frequent visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii