We were supposed to stay 5 nights but switched to another hotel at the last minute. We did reserve a room for 1 night since our flight left at midnight and we needed a place to shower. This place is just OK. The hallways stink so badly of cigarette smoke :( The room itself was fine. This place has had a makeover but it is still like putting lipstick on a pig... The shower is TINY. My husband and I are both 5'8/5'9 and the shower head was 1/4 inch away from hitting the back of our head. The bed is on a platform, no box spring FYI. The room really was decent but I'm thankful we did not stay here the full 5 nights. The proximity to the center of Waikiki was also a negative for me (I love being able to walk out and be in the middle of it all). If you are looking for good value and an OK hotel, this is the one for you. I'd rather pay a bit more and stay somewhere a little nicer. I didn't really feel comfortable being here. Maybe it was the fact that part of this place is hotel and the other part are condos/owners/more random people?
Just wanted to add that the front desk gal was very friendly and the lanais are a good size. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu