Arrived late on a Friday night. We were on the 39th floor so had awesome views of the city and ocean. Room was clean and pleasant and recently upgraded. Shower was very good although one morning we couldn't get it very hot - not that that mattered much as it was refreshing to have a tepid shower. Housekeeping generally good. We were here during Tropical Storm Iselle and the hotel was very good at keeping guests informed.
The hotel pool was in need of a chemical clean - slightly slimy feel to the tiles and the water was a bit unclear. Consequently we only used it the once.
Gym facilities were good with modern equipment and available for a one off $5 fee for the duration of the stay.
A/C was extremely noisy to the extent that you needed to turn it off during the night which made for a very hot and humid sleep. We even slept the night of the storm with the doors to the balcony wide open! Was good getting a fresh breeze! They need to upgrade the A/C system.
The shop on the 6th floor was good and had all necessities that you may have needed although one employee was more interested in the game on his phone than serving.
The parking garage had a charge of $25 if you got a coupon from reception and $30 if you didn't. We weren't informed about the coupon until we had to pay. This is the first time I've had to pay to use a parking garage attached to a hotel. Maybe it's the norm in the USA?
I would recommend Aqua Colony for those on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu