“Movie locations”
Review of KOS Tours

KOS Tours
Ranked #66 of 313 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Hummer tour company that takes guest to Lost, Movie and Hawaii Five-0 locations on the island of Oahu.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a great adventure going to many of the movie and tv locations of Oahu. We highly recommend this tour group. It was great fun riding in a Humvee to many the wild locations for Lost and Jurassic Park. Thanks Matt for a fabulous adventure.

HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I am glad Matt gave you a great tour. He loves what he does. The views and the hummer drive is the main attraction, but without a great guide there is no great tour. Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review. Mahalo and aloha, Ed

There are newer reviews for KOS Tours

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was the highlight of our trip to Hawaii. Actually, truth be told, this is why we came to Hawaii. This tour was amazing. Jeff, our guide was awesome. My wife and I scheduled an 8 hour tour and it ended up just being the two of us and Jeff. Jeff took us all over the island showing us the various shooting locations. Jeff was very knowledgeable and had an laptop to show us what scene we were looking at for each location we stopped. By far the best part was the beach where Sawyer had his piece of paradise. Not only did we see the camp beach, but there were 15 or so turtles in the water and on the beach, and there were only 3 other people on the beach. The Others Camp was very cool and very spooky. At the end of the trip Jeff even told us of a local beach not far from our hotel that the "Foot" scenes were shot and told us to check it out if we had time. We did and it was a great hidden place away from the crowds.

If you are a LOST fan you MUST, MUST, MUST take this tour. KOS and Jeff are great and will be sure to provide you with a truly memorable experience.

1  Thank Matthew H

I am glad you had a great time on the 8 hour tour. The views on the island of Oahu are amazing and you are write, you can find those secluded beaches. Jeff loves what he does and has an amazing amount of knowledge about the island and its locations. Hope to see you back soon. Mahalo, Ed

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I will start off by saying I have been waiting and building up this tour and trip for 7 years.
I am from a very small village in southern ontario canada, so it never seemed like it would happen.
Well the dream became a reality on July 16th, 2013.
My friend Ashley and I booked tickets, and booked the KOS 8 hour hummer tour of LOST locations. We were ecstatic.....giddy.......all of the above.
We met our KOS tour hummer and tour guide Jeff at 9am in front of our hotel The Ewa Hotel.
The hummer had 2 other lost fanatics and a wonderful tour guide named Jeff.
We quickly made our hellos, me sporting my faded dharma shirt from season 2 got immediately talking with the tour guide and Rick and Jennifer the other 2 lost fans on the adventure with us.......we were kindred spirits, all of us, riding the dream of LOST.

The first place we saw was the church where Jack met Claire's Mom, and where they had a memorial for Christian Sheppard. Than we drove passed the Hawaii Film Studios, than to Hurley's houses, than to other incredible, memorable, legendary LOST locations.

There was not a dull moment. Jeff knew more than i would have hoped, and being an extra on LOST was cool to have more inside stories on filming, etc.
Our favorite was the Lost Camp beach (i forget the actual name)
There is a Dharma book you can sign that resigns at Sawyer's old camp/tree that lost fans have left over the years. There is Ben's grave that he had to dig for himself is still there.... hahhah...One of the last parts of the tour was the Dharma Baracks, this camp is incredible. Mind blowing being there. I also heard the smoke monster there (they used the sounds of the trees there for the sound of the smoke monster, so great!)
Every moment was the greatest day i have had.

I can't thank Jeff enough for this experience, what a great guy, great tour guide and all around amazing man.
The locations he told us about at the end of the trip, ones we could go to on our own were easy to find and mind blowing!!! (I recommend going to The Sacred Hearts School for girls, which is where the last scene of Lost was filmed - the church) We got to go into the Chapel and take pictures, the people at the church were soooooo friendly and inviting....

This truly was the great experience of my life, the trip of a lifetime.....LOST tour made it for us. We did other things but nothing compares to being on this tour.
I recommend this more than anything I have ever done....Even for folks who were not obsessed with lost like myself would enjoy this tour as it takes you to every eye popping beach around Oahu.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK......WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!

2  Thank Ryan M
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Jacob will bring you back. Thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review. I am sure it will help people using trip advisor to research KOS Tours. I am glad Jeff showed you a great time. Seems to me, that he showed you some extra places not on our web site. All our guides love Lost and love to share the island with people. A big mahalo for your business and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My daughter and I took a plane from Maui specifically to go on the LOST 8-hour tour and we had a GREAT time! Sure it's been a few years since the show was filmed and not everything looks exactly like it used to—Dharmaville trim is now brown instead of white—but we still had an amazing time. One of the things that we loved was that our guide, Jeff, had screen capture shots for all of the locations. That helped put us in immediate context so we could enjoy each of the sites. The Hummer was confortable, water and snacks were included, and we had a wonderful day. It's always fun to be on a tour with a tour guide who is also a fan. When we first got into the Hummer, I asked our tour guide where he was from originally and then what brought him to the island. I knew we were in for a good day when he told us Jacob had brought him to the island! This tour was not cheap, but I thought it was well worth the price of admission!!

1  Thank impactde
HUMMERHAWAII, Manager at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

A true fan coming from Maui to take the tour. I am glad it was worth it. We know people are balancing time and budget when they come to Hawaii, so we do our best to give them a memorable experience. I am glad Jeff showed you a good time. He loves the show and loves to take people around the island. Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review. I am sure people using Trip Advisor will find your review useful. A big aloha and mahalo and come back soon. Ed

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My kids are huge Lost fans and so when we booked our trip to Hawaii, my wife noticed this company and booked a 5 hour tour with KOS Hummer tours. Our guide was Ricardo (spp?) and he picked us up at our hotel in Waikiki at exactly the time that he was scheduled to. As the tour was to mainly take place at Kualoa Ranch on the windward side of Oahu, we had about a 30-40 minute drive from our hotel to the ranch and Ricardo used that time to show us interesting sites from other movies and TV shows shot on the island. He stopped at all of the sites of Lost shoots along the way and had an in-depth knowledge of how the scenes were filmed, etc.. Once we arrived at the ranch, he checked us in, then proceeded with the off-road portion of the Tour. He showed us all of the Lost scenes on the ranch, as well as scenes from numerous movies that were shot on the island. He also took pictures of us and went out of his way to make it fun, to add his own funny props and angles on the photos he took. Obviously, as Lost is no longer an active series, the scenes and props can't remain there forever, but he did everything he could to help you visualize the scenes both for the series and for the movies that were shot on the ranch. All in all, it was a very enjoyable tour and I would recommend it to any and all "Lost" fans out there. Although I was tired of bouncing around and ready to go home by the end of the 5 hours, my family was sad that we hadn't purchased the 8 hour trip so they could see the more remote filming locations.

1  Thank SKfromID

Riccardo loves to use the props on his tours. Makes the photos so much better. I am glad and your family had a great time on the tour. 5 hours fly by, but it can wear you out with sensory overload. I hope you will have some great memories about your tour and trip to Hawaii. Hope to see you back on the island someday. A big mahalo for taking the time to writing the review and your business. Aloha, Ed