“Lost 5 and 8 Hour Tours”
Review of KOS Tours

KOS Tours
Ranked #65 of 315 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Hummer tour company that takes guest to Lost, Movie and Hawaii Five-0 locations on the island of Oahu.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I went on both the 5 Hour and 8 Hour tours, both were amazing. If you are a hardcore Lost fan, doing both is easily worth it. If you are limited to just one, I would recommend the 5 Hour because it is a little more interactive and feels more like being "on set" because most of the locations are on private property and there won't be anyone else around besides your tour. My guide for the 8 Hour tour was Jeff, and you can tell he is a true fan. He also had some cool stories about appearing as an extra in the series. My guide for the 5 Hour was Riccardo, and with his film background he was able to give tons of cool information about how the scenes were created (and quite skilled at recreating them for pictures). Everything about the experience was wonderful and is a true "can't miss" for any Lost fan. Would do again in a heartbeat. Also, if you are the only Lost fan on your trip, like I was, Ed is great about getting you matched up with a tour. Wonderful tour, run by wonderful people.

2  Thank Navyox
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about the 2 tours you took. I am glad Jeff and Riccardo lived up to expectations. They love what they do. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back on the island soon. Mahalo, Ed

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We took the two hour hummer tour with Greg. It was kind of rainy but we had a great time. Our guide, Greg was great. He used props to make it look like Godzilla was chasing us and things like that. Great photos and a great way to see the mountains as well as views you wouldn't see otherwise. Worth every penny.

HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Sorry about the rain. We love the clear sunny skies too. I am glad you had a great time and that Greg gave you a great tour. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for your business. Nope to see you back in the islands soon. Ed

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We absolutely loved it, only one of us was a lost fan but we all had an amazing time. You don't need to know anything about the movies to love this tour. The scenery is breath taking and if we didn't go on this tour we would have never even seen this side of the island. Our guide was awesome, super funny and knowledgable.Would be very cool for your company to open another tour group on the north shore and to educate us on the region.
Thank you for a great day!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This tour is about the scenery and the movies and tv shows come second. Getting to the remote locations is what sets this tour apart. I'm very happy that our company provided you with a great tour. That is our goal. We do have an 8 hour tour that goes to the North Shore. Currently it covers only lost locations, but we will be modifying it to cover Hawaii Five O and Movies. A bid Mahalo, Ed

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I did this tour in October of 2011, and was absolutely blown away at how much fun I had. Our guide was amazing and I loved trying to guess what scene from Lost, or movie was filmed where? Before I flew over, I took the time to re-watch the Lost series, which made the tour all that more enjoyable. Even if you aren't a lost fan, the off roading and stunning views are a massive highlight. A friend and I are headed back next year... can't wait to do this tour again!!!

PS - A word to the wise. We went on a pub crawl the night before our tour... Probably not a good idea hahaha... make sure you have a good night's rest before this exciting sensory overload!

Amazing! Happy to hear that. I am also happy to hear that you will be coming back to Hawaii and taking another tour with us. The tours have changes since 2011. We have added so much more due to the constant filming that takes place on Oahu. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope to see you back in the islands soon. Mahalo, Ed

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been to Hawaii many times & have gone on most of the days tours. Hawaii is a perfect stop over for Australians on their way to mainland America. I spotted this tour on a previous trip but my husband wasn't up for a 5 hour tour & they weren't running the 2 hour tours on the dates we were there. So when we were there in early January 2014, I finally convinced my husband & 10 year old to accompany me on the 5 hour tour.
I waited until I got to Hawaii to book it which isn't always a good idea as these tours can pack out.
I was in luck however & booked onto the 5 our tour which went from 7am to 12 noon. This suited us as my boys wanted to get back to the beach for an afternoon swim. Our guide picked us up bright & early from our Waikiki hotel in a hummer. It was still quite dark outside & he drove us along the rainforest road & stopped at some Lost locations so we could get a shot. We stopped at the house where John Locke meets his father & our guide hurried our shots as apparently the owner does not like having her house photographed by tourists. We stopped where Kate stands inside a Banyan tree before making a run for it from the smoke monster & we stopped where Echo bit the dust courtesy of the Smoke Monster. Then we headed to Kualoa Ranch where LOST, Hawaii 5-0 & various movies were shot on location. The countryside is spectacular & besides operating their own on site tours of the area, KOS is the only operator the ranch will let on their property. We saw the WWII bunker where Steve McGarrett was tortured and acts as a mini museum for other movies/shows shot on the island of Oahu. Our guide showed us clips & photos of the movie/TV locations throughout the trip.The high lights of the tour included off road driving in the Hummer. My son LOVED that. The second high light occurred as a result of the guide's photography fetish. He brought little props with him of T-Rex, Polar Bear ( if you know LOST, you'll know what I am talking about), Hurley & a mock-up Smoke Monster & utilised these 'props' in all the shots he took of our family. The photos were a hilarious momento of the trip & it captured the intense beauty of Oahu...thanks Ricardo. The tour was quite pricey but if you are looking for 5 hours of fun, fresh air and off road driving then this may be the trip for you.

Wow! What a detailed review. And I love the "photo fetish" description of. Riccardo. All the guides love to use the props to enhance your photos. I am glad you had a great time and hope to see you back in the islands soon. Mahalo for taking the time to write the review and for your business. Aloha, Ed.