“5 hours of Lost heaven!”
Review of KOS Tours

KOS Tours
Ranked #66 of 313 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Hummer tour company that takes guest to Lost, Movie and Hawaii Five-0 locations on the island of Oahu.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We took the 5 hour Lost tour which we have to say was simply AMAZING! Being a huge Lost fan it was such fun to see various locations such as The Tempest station, Anthony Cooper's house, the pier, generic "Jack wanders through the jungle" locations and, of course, Hurleys Golf Course. We even got to play golf with Hurley! Confused? You'll see... We also got to visit other film locations which included the log from Jurassic Park, scenes from Tears of The Sun, Godzilla, 50 First Dates, Windtalkers, Along Came Polly and more recently Hawaii Five-O locations. The tour itself was fantastic-prompt hotel pickup, friendly and extremely knowledgable guide (called Dave. He was awesome) but it was the little things that made it so fun; the use of props to take pics with and the portable DVD player and picture flip book to show certain film/TV scenes before you visit them so you know exactly what you're looking and from which film. Like I said the small, personal things that make it worthwhile. If you're into Lost, films or just enjoy beautiful scenery then book it! A fun day out and well worth a visit in Oahu.

2  Thank MarkA292
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Lost Heaven...should trade mark that..... Thank you for the review. I love when Lost fans point out that the tour is not just for Lost fans. We can take every movie and TV show out of the tour and it would still be a great tour. Nature and Beauty mixes with Hollywood. I am glad you had a great time and I hope you make it back to the Island soon. Ed Kos

There are newer reviews for KOS Tours

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We went on the 8 hour Lost tour and we loved it. We probably went to at least 20 o 25 filming locations including the Dharma camps, island camp, plan crash location, Hugo's homes, Nigerian are space, Sawyer's shrimp shack where he killed someone, and several other recognizable filming places. Our guide was awesome an very knowledgable. He was a huge Lost fan too which made the trip even better because we could talk about the show with him. This tour is boy around the cost so you won't get to the Waterfall, river river scenes, Hurley's golf location, he smoke monster location where Locke was dragged or the church from the final scene. Also note that ABC has removed all the props so keep that in mind because many of the picture on the website show props that existed only during filming or for a year or so after the show was done. If you are a Lost fan and want to see filming locations, this is well worth the money, don't waste your time trying to find these your selves.

2  Thank Paul G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am happy you had a great time on your tour. We love to take people on the 8 hour tour, because it is all Lost and Lost fans get super excited on the tour. That make is fun for the guides too, that love what they do. Mahalo for your business and we hope to see you on the Island soon. Ed Kos

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

we originally had our tour scheduled for a Saturday, but on Friday afternoon we got a call asking if we could reschedule due to car issues. They told us they could do Monday, and even knocked some $$ off for the inconvenience. Monday rolled around and everything was good to go! Our tour was great! It was me, my boyfriend, and a couple from Spain. We saw a whole bunch of spots from the show, which aren't on the 2 and 5 hour tours. If we had more time, I would have done one of those as well! The tour brings you to a lot of beaches and various locations, and you get to see pictures from the show itself to help recognize the area. We stopped at this awesome local spot to eat and it was DELICIOUS! Homemade teriyaki sauce and really good plate lunches... Even options for vegetarians.

You're in a comfy Hummer for 8 hours, driving around Oahu, talking about LOST, some other shows, and random facts about the island. Super fun tour even if you're not a super LOST fan. We saw some sea turtles too!!

2  Thank Jay D

Thank you for accommodating the last minute change to your tour. It happens some times. I am glad you had a great time and were able to see the Lost locations and the others points of interest on the 8 hour tour. There is just so much to see and we are glad you were comfortable for the 8 hours. Thank you for your business and taking time time to write a response. Ed Kos

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

So overall I enjoyed this tour. I am a lost fan so enjoyed seeing the sights. But there were only a few sights we saw outside the ranch. In hindsight I would have just done the ranch tour for $27 and seen 80% of the things I wanted to see. The hummers are comfortable, the company is professional and the service is good. My driver was Greg who was great and is very passionate and knowledgeable about his job so that was good. I think my main issue was the cost and also the tour only lasted just over 4 hours not the 5 and half of this is spent driving. I feel its just a lot of money for a couple of hours seeing movie and lost sights. Thw ranch itself was beautiful also so peole that are not lost fans would still enjoy it i think

1  Thank HannahK84
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You had a lot of positive things to say about KOS Tours and your guide, for that I thank you. I am sorry you feel it was not worth the $149 for the 5 hour tour. The tour is 5 hours round trip from any hotel in Waikiki. Yes, you have to drive to locations, but you normally don't go for more than 10 minutes without a location, except for the ride home. And the scenery is beautiful during the drive. When you compare the price of our 5 hour tour, in a hummer, with a small group, to a 1 hour $27 tour in a bus, with many people, you should know the difference. 5 hours x $27 is $135. Our cost $149. Not much difference for a semi private, exclusive tour in a hummer. We go places that no other tour on the island goes to. Our 5 hour tour pickes up in Waikiki, in a hummer with at most 4 to 6 people. If you want pick up for the 1 hour tour, you have to pay extra. We cover about 12 different LOST scenes/locations on the way to Kualoa Ranch. Additionally, we cover about 8 movie locations, Hawaii Five 0 locations and more. After arriving at Kualoa Ranch, we then cover about 22 more lost locations/scenes and about 15 more movie locations plus 7 or 8 Hawaii Five O locations. We get out of the hummer a total of 12 times during our tour. If you take hhe 1 hour bus tour, you get off the bus 2 times and only cover 2 Lost locations. Our 5 hour tour covers more than 80 miles round trip. The 1 hour bus tour about 5 miles. Our guides use photo books and a DVD player as visual reminders of the scenes. The bus tour does not do that or specialize in Lost as we do. We consider our 5 hour tour a great value and you get highly trained guide that knows LOST. I am sure your guide covered everything that we have detailed on our web site and more. I respect your opinion, but if you had taken both the 5 hour tour and the 1 our tour not give by KOS Tours, I am sure you would have been very happy with the cost and value of our tour. With that said, I think the 1 hour bus tour given by Kualoa Ranch is also a great value with informative guides. It does not specialize in Lost, but it does take you into a beautiful valley and at a reasonable price. I recommend the Kualoa Ranch Movie & Ranch tour all time time to people on a budget or short on time. Mahalo for your business and writing the review. ED Kos.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We went on the half day hummer movie locations tour as we are Lost fans and it was really amazing. We did lots of reading up in advance about the company to ensure this. Greg our driver was really good and a huge lost fan too. You don't realise how many movies were filmed here until you do this tour! To be honest the trip is worth it just to go into the canyon on a 4x4 as you go much deeper than all the quads / horses. The views are the most amazing and totally mind blowing!

Thank you for your business and a great review. I am glad you had a great time with Greg on your 5 hour tour. The tours in in Hummers for a reason. We take you to places no others are going. I am still amazed at how many TV shows and Movies are filmed on Oahu. We are happy to show these locations to visitors like yourself, that truly appreciate the beauty of this Island. Come back soon. Mahalo, Ed Kos.