“Kos Lost tour, Hawaii”
Review of KOS Tours

KOS Tours
Ranked #68 of 314 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Hummer tour company that takes guest to Lost, Movie and Hawaii Five-0 locations on the island of Oahu.
Reviewed 18 December 2008

Took the 5 hour tour option with my girlfriend and another couple from Texas and, after discovering both parties were big Lost fans, we concentrated mainly on the Lost locations - as well as seeing some fantastic locations for the movies Jurassic Park, Pearl Harbour, Godzilla etc.

The tour guide - can't remember his name but he was from Vegas(!) - was fantastic and really great to get along with. His shared love for our interests made the day even better and after the tour he was fantastic in recommending other activities to do whilst on the island.

Kos tours is a great idea for people coming to the island of Oahu who have some idea of the kind of movies and TV shows that have used the island. And not only that but our tour guides knowledge of Oahu was a great as he shared with us his learning on the history of the island and pointed out some points of interest during the journey.

I feel we really got our moneys worth with Kos tours and if i ever re-visited the island i would urging my fellow fans of Lost friend to do the tour.

8  Thank james65
"south shore"
"island history"
"money well spent"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"full day tour"
in 6 reviews
"from australia"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 27 September 2008

My husband and I went on the Hummer Lost Tour on Sat Sept 20.
We had a great host / guide - Jeff.

He had a great sense of humour and a great knowledge of all the movie and lost filming sites.

It was fun going out in a Hummer also.

It was a great 5 hours and I would recommend this trip to any "Lost" fan.
Missed out by one day seeing gthem doing some 'Lost " filming.
Definately value for money.

2  Thank Helen43Adelaide
Reviewed 8 July 2008

For only being 2-hours, this tour is packed and well worth the money. Our guide was very informative about the locations, not just in the context of the movies, but also about history and geography.

2  Thank DonaldInDallas
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I did the Hummer Movie Tour over the Xmas break and it was so fun!

Travelling in a Hummer getting to see the sights of Oahu in my opinion is much better than sitting on a stuffy bus with loads of tourists. The tours are intimate - 6 people only + driver, and you get picked up at your hotel in Waikiki and taken to some cool places. You'll get to a bit of off-roading too - you don't get that in a bus!

If you're a Lost fan this is one tour not to miss - you'll get shown Locke's father's house, where Jacob's hut was, the pier, Jin's father's shop, and loads of great sites on the private Kualoa Ranch (Kos is one of only 2 or 3 companies allowed to tour here, and their's goes all over it) so you'll see Hurley's golf course, where he jumpstarts the combi van, where the transmission is received, where Jack attacks Ben and more! Plus there are Jurassic Park sites, 50 First Dates, Pearl Harbor, Godzilla etc.

And don't worry if you haven't seen them... they've got a portable DVD player on board so they show you a few clips of what the sites look like in the movie.

There's an interactive element too - get attacked by a T-Rex or pose with Hurley* on his golf course. Hilarious.

You're well-looked after on these tours. The guys are very friendly, and you get snack bars and water if you want them.

I initially ended up on a tour with a group that had been booked by the travel agent (not KOS) in the wrong month (so hadn't arrived in Hawaii), but Ed and Richard were great - they displayed a fantastic example of great customer service and went above and beyond to make up for it and I got rebooked for a tour that afternoon instead.

Highly recommend this tour if you want to do something a bit different while on Oahu - great sights to be seen too.

* Not the real one

9  Thank perkynana
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I have been home for a couple of month now and feel it´s time to write a review. I´m from Sweden and with my three adult children we took a great tour with "www.hummertourshawaii.com". We was picked up at the hotel and spend the next 5 hours in a hummer with a very personal touch to the tour. The tour go up to the Pali Lookout, up the coast and into the Kualoa Ranch private property. On the way you see a lot of places filmed in "Lost" and in the Kualoa Valley you really get the chance of see all kind of filmlocations. I can´t tell you all because it is better you see for your self, but my children and I think it was one of the best things we did on our vacation. Don´t miss this tour if you are a movie and Lost fan. There are some other companys doing tours like this but not as personaly, and from what I understand it is just the hummer who can take you as deep into the valley as we were.

8  Thank woodchipSweden