“A must do!”

Rainbow Scuba Hawaii
More attraction details
Owner description: Honolulu's scuba diving price leader featuring quality boat diving charters for beginner first time scuba divers or advanced divers! PADI Scuba certification instruction. Experience Hawaii shipwrecks and turtle reefs 7 days a week aboard our catamaran. 100% safety record, Waikiki beach hotel pick up, and Free underwater photos!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
“A must do!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My girlfriend and I are first time divers, the entire crew were patient, understanding, and showed us a great time. We both LOVED the experience and plan on doing it again in the future.

1 Thank Jdrac

California
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We found Rainbow Scuba online prior to our trip. I contacted Ken , he informed me they only take reservation once your on the island due to a lot of no shows(understandable). Set up our first dive once we landed in Oahu.

The day of our dive, Brian picked us up at our hotel (free of charge) and drove us to the dock. At the boat we met Ken and Tom our dive instructors, both we very enthusiastic about teaching new divers about Scuba. Ken spent most of the boat ride out to the dive spot going over safety rules and basic dive skills. Ken made it very clear Scuba was not for everyone, and gave us the option of back out at anytime or just snorkle for a smaller fee. Now with a basic understanding of the rules and skills mastered (on the boat that is) it was time to get in the water.

Now is when the fun begins, again Ken was right there to verify we were ok and comfortable. I must say if it was not for Ken, I would have called it quits the first time I got a mouth fun of salt water and had that panic moment of I can't breath. Ken was there to calm me down and down we went......We completed to amazing dives including swimming with sea turtles, seeing a good size shark and an octopus. Ken and Tom took tons of great pics (which were posted on their site free of charge!)

Unlike most outings in Hawaii, there were not additional fees, hidden charges or up-sales.

Ken, Tom and Brian, You guys are great!, Thank you for the best day of our vacation!!!!!!!

See you next time we are in Oahu

Tommy and Mary Hollenbaugh

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“These Guys Are FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Called the morning of my first day in Honolulu. Ken answered all my questions and told me they'd pick me up at my condo at 1:30 the next afternoon, which they did as promised. I had not been diving in 10 years and kind of needed to be re-certified. Two days and 4 great dives later, I'm certified. 4 days later I have 6 dives in, including a wreck dive at the YO. Ken was an amazing instructor. Super safe and made sure I knew what I was doing, but didn't take 1 oz. of the fun out of it. Brian was a great boat captain and van driver. Tom was a great help on the first 2 dives. Then Jeff took us down to the wreck(s). He too was super to dive with. He knew where he was going, what to look for and how to show it to us. If you want to get PADI certified while on Oahu, I highly recommend Rainbow Scuba. If you don't want to get certified, but just want to see if you like diving, also do that with Ken and the crew. Thanks guys for such an awesome diving and certification experience!

sydney
“best experience!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I really had the best experience at rainbow scuba wiht Jeff and Ken. they were awesome dive instructors that really made me feel comfortable through the whole certification process. I was/am pretty nervous in the open water and thought i would completely freak out but they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. i have never done anythign like this before and never thought I could (and I probabaly counldnt if it werent for Jeff and Ken!!) What an amazing experience, by the second day we were diving down to 122 feet, taking pictures, exploring shipwrecks, finding all sorts of animal life!!! These two got it covered and really make it an unforgettable moment. Jeff, thanks for the memories bro and we will defintely keep in touch!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank raj d
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rainbow Scuba - Like it .... love it!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I feel extremely fortunate and lucky to have had the opportunity to dive and get PADI certified with Rainbow Scuba Hawaii. Scuba diving was something I always wanted to do, but felt slightly nervous about giving it ago. I had once in the past attempted scuba diving. Unfortunately I panicked and was unable to complete my first dive. I finally got the courage to give it another go on my recent trip to Hawaii. I was quite impressed with Ken and Jeff’s extensive knowledge on Scuba diving, their focus on safety and attention to detail regarding equipment organisation. But I was even more impressed with their natural ability to make me feel relaxed and confident about diving. Jeff and Ken made our diving experience entertaining with their natural laid back personalities and great sense of humour. I can’t wait to do more diving (Bora Bora is next). Thank you guys for a wonderful experience and giving me a great foundation of skills that will ensure successful dives in the future. I look forward to diving with you guys in the future!

Visited October 2013