“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We needed 2 adjoining rooms and upon checking in, found that one of the rooms reeked of smoke. We couldn't move rooms because there were no others available that adjoined, so they put a machine in there to clean the air. It didn't work and it was kind of a miserable night. A few days later, I thought I would email the manager (just to see) and ask for a refund on the room. She profusely apologized and said Marriott does not tolerate smoking, offering to credit my card back almost 75% of what I paid for that room. I am MORE than happy with that - we did actually stay in the room! While the hotel itself was pretty standard, because of the front desk trying to move me and my family, their desire to try to make it right by bringing in the machine, the managers refunding most of my money back...all of those things set it apart from other hotels. We just drove through Vicksburg on our way to Destin, Florida - a trip we make quite frequently. I will be staying here again because of the customer service in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JustPassingThru2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vicksburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Courtyard is a wonderful place. The decor is beautiful. But the staff in witch is predominantly African American females was very cold. I my self am African American women, & in no way prejudice. But I felt very uncomfortable. The staff would of course speak & say pleasant things, but it seemed so fake! They acted as if they hated being at work, & you could tell that they where only saying these things, because it's policy. Because if this, I will never return to this particular Marriott ever again!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank caremellk
Theresa C, General Manager at Courtyard Vicksburg, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. While we are very proud to be a part of Marriott property. Our staff really works hard to go the extra mile and set us apart from the rest of any Marriott property. Our staff kindness is very genuine and very real I’m sorry you feel the service that was provided to you was fake. We take great pride in making our customers happy. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed other aspects of our property; I sincerely apologize if the constant speaking or making sure your stay was ok offended you. This is the type of service that we provide to our guest our staff wants to make sure we give the type of service that makes our guest wants to return.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Decided at the last minute to visit historic vicksburg for Memorial day. No problem checking in. Greeted by a friendly front desk employee, thanked for being a "gold" member, and handed a welcome bag with drink and snack. Room was clean and updated. The indoor pool was small, but fine for a dip. The hotel is about 2 intersections from the National Military park. Well worth the $4 per person admission. The casinos were a disappointment, as was the downtown. You can tell they are trying to rebuild and update the main street downtown. Surprisingly not much downtown to see/do. Would recommend the $5 admission to tour the "old courthouse" with thousands of civil war era items to view. Overall, great hotel, great location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Collinsville, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

When we go back to Vicksburg, we will not stay anywhere else. The hotel is clean, quiet and close to everything. The staff is professional, courteous, and bends over backwards to assist you in any way. Even though the Cantina in the hotel is not large, the food is good and there is a fairly diverse menu. We had a terrific stay and highly recommend this property.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeAnne R
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at this Marriott location is very friendly and helpful. On checking in, we received a welcome gift of bottled water, apples and cheese crackers. We were also given a voucher for a free Starbucks coffee. The rooms were nice and very clean. Great stay.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Brad L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were passing through and decided to stay here on a whim. When we arrived guest service was very professional and friendly. The room we had was spacious and very clean! The patio area had a great atmosphere. Overall, it was a great stay. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Langeline
Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and during my 1st night the entire area lost power due to serve weather. The staff were welcoming and did a good even though there was no power. My only feedback is there needs to be some spare flashlights around.

The rest of the stay was fine. The room was clean and comfortable. The wifi worked well. The gym equipment was in good shape. I did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment.

I stayed here on business and the hotel is confidently location to I20.

I would stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business