“There is a reason for the number of positive reviews.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Fredonia, New York
“There is a reason for the number of positive reviews.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

For our experience, this is an example of what we would hope to find in this chain. Our room and bathroom were modern and spacious. There are more outlets in these rooms than I have ever seen. Bed/pillows were good. Breakfast area is open, so congestion was not a problem. Food and variety were good, and the breakfast attendant was right on the ball, cleaning and replacing low items. We would stay here again, and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

From the time of arrival to the time of departure EVERYTHING was a just Super.
I recommend this place to everyone. The room was just what we expected.
The southern hospitality is a Plus. Everyone was so helpful.

Thank you So much....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tex526
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice place with food and attractions nearby. Helpful staff and great breakfast. nice pillows, comfy bed, shower good and clean.will stay again if in area, price good. Close to a lot of places and things to do and casinos and highways.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on good experiences at other Comfort Suites. Checked in at 8:30 PM and headed to room, only to discover a smelly, dirty room that had not been serviced after previous occupants had left. Beer bottles and trash were everywhere. Room smelled of cigarette smoke despite the "breathing-room" promotion (100% smoke-free).

They moved us to a different and cleaner room. Everything was fine. Only compliant was still a similar odor with a strong scent of mildew. The humidity in the room is unusually high, AC unit cranked in an attempt to make it breathable.

I won't stay at this particular hotel again. Uncleaned rooms is an oversight, mildew smell is a sign of moisture issues of long-standing duration. I doubt this will simply go away.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jgstewartmd
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We booked this room in route to Texas and had good experience on phone with Ms. Gwen but that's where the good experience stopped. We were in room 216 this will be key in a moment. First room smelled like plaster not that big of an issue because the room is spacious clean and looks new. Excellent there. Around 3 am (we arrived around 1am) I discovered feather down pillows and comforter because I began to itch and have asthma attack. Once we called front desk for change of bedding we were informed that's all they carried. Since my poor husband was tired and other rooms locally were over $130 we moved all the bedding to sofa I took Benadryl and rode it out. I was disappointed because she didn't even try to offer a solution. So at 8:30 am we hear housekeeping and an attempted entry to clean room. I would think they would get a list of those who have departed first but information is not big here. An hour later we began to hear children screaming. Remember my room number, it's directly over the indoor pool! Seriously, who lets the kids swim at 9am the hotel should have regulations on that. I feel with more information we could have had a better stay. The hotel needs to post that feathers are the ONLY products they carry which is unbelievable to me in a time when allergies are high. But I really should have asked but its 1am and my common sense was asleep. I am glad the AAA rate was under $100 because I would be so angry right now. I don't feel rested at all. I would stay here again ONLY if I brought my own bedding and pillows and ear plugs and got an upper floor room on the opposite side AWAY from pool and planned to leave before 8am housekeeping intrusion. (Thats sarcasm incase you missed it). Breakfast was standard to most other places. The big plus was hazelnut creamer which I needed for my 4 cups of coffee due to a lack of rest as we completed our drive.

Room Tip: Stay away from second floor pool side unless you love the sound of yelling kids at 9am. Don't st...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tandboys
Reviewed 16 August 2013

You can't go wrong here. Its clean and comfortable the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Microwave and fridge in the room along with a flat screen tv that has a normal line up of stations. I hatethose that go into the 100s then have sub stations. Breakfast is good as well. My only problem is they have doors that slam every time some one goes in or out and I always seem to get a neighbor that has to go into their room 6 or 8 times at 5 am. Oh well not much the hotel can do about that.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We, my wife and 4 kids in which isn't youngsters (24,20,17,16 years) had been on a vacation down @ Orange Beach Al, and had decided to spend 3 nights in Vicksburg Ms to see the different museums there in town. Since we have a large family it is very difficult to get hotels even as a choice privileges member that will accommodate 6 adults. Usually we get 2 or 3 room suites. I had check on line and this Comfort had came up and could accommodate 6 in this suite so we booked it and to my surprise was a average of the lower $100's per night. This was a small suiet not a double or triple room suite and we was a little cramped but over all it was good.

• Stayed August 2013