“A fun stroll through the past”

Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum
Ranked #9 of 40 things to do in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The site where the first Coke was bottled in 1891.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went here in April 2014 on our way home from New Orleans, La. My son is a big coca - cola fan and he along with me and his dad enjoyed the stop. There was lots of mementos from the past to see The person in charge was very informed about the product and we learned some very interesting facts. The place is not very big but they have utilized the space they have well. It is loaded with things to see. Upon completion of tour you can purchase a coke or/and coke float. A sweet ending to a nice little adventure.

1  Thank Vickie60_22
in 16 reviews
"cokes"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is not where the first Coke was served, but the first soda fountain which served the Atlanta beverage to think of putting it into a bottle. I was disappointed to start when I purchased an "iced cold Coca Cola" when I entered the museum, and it was luke warm. Another tourist tossed her beverage in the trash and left in disgust. The displays were not clearly marked, and there were not many displays. The "soda fountain re-creation" outside in the back was an empty building that stored an old soda fountain. Nothing to see there. I would deem this one a "Waste of time and money"

2  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited March of last year and I was expecting a big museum dedicated to the first place coke was bottle. I was wrong. All it was was a picture show with Coke pics on the wall. It is not worth the trip.

If I was able to give a 0 I would.

2  Thank LadyRose2001
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just one block up from the river wall if you want to know about the man who invented coke a cola started here in Vicksburg.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Like other reviewers, this little place wasn't what we expected but we still enjoyed it when we visited on 4/29/14 after a day of touring the National Battlefield Park (fabulous). Lots of memorabilia packed into a little place with a fascinating story of how bottled Coke got it's start. Definitely not slick or fancy but that was ok with us, still worth the $3.50 admittance.