“Great value. Friendly staff. Hard Beds and bright windows.”

Riverwalk Casino Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The value of this hotel was great. We didn't plan on stopping in Vicksburg but a nail in a tire changed our plans. The staff were super friendly. Wife and I both noticed this. The beds were a bit stiff and the drapes in the room could not close so it was pretty bright in the room due to lighting outside but overall I was pleased. The buffet downstairs was very overpriced and the food was substandard. We had 7 year old twins and paid $15 for Mac and cheese for them. We should have tried Rocky's. No kid's menus in either though. It is a casino though.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ChrisReedDFW
There are newer reviews for Riverwalk Casino Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had to go to bed hungry because they stopped talking orders in the restaurant. We made three trips back and forth over an hour or more trying toget sosomething to eat after playing all evening. The same thing happened on our trip earlier this month.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank gailsay
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband is in a wheelchair so we used the valet when we go to hotel. The clerk(s) were not friendly or accommodating. We were told rooms were not available for probably 30 mins. They could see we had bags and was dealing with a wheelchair, but they didn't offer to hold our bags so we could gamble while waiting. We waited in an un-air conditioned foyer for over an hour. We had to ask three times before a room was available and then we were told we did not book a handicap accessible room and we were adamant that we did. They finally found us a room for handicap. There was no shampoo and the carpet was filthy. Also while waiting, I went to get us some ice and coke in a cup...was told I could not take it to the foyer.. NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN! People need to make exceptions for the handicapped....they sacrificed for you!

Room Tip: Get a clean room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Carolyn A
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I picked this Vicksburg hotel from reviews on TripAdvisor, and I was not disappointed. It was small, but not really lacking much except more slot machines and more places to eat. But for two nights, it was fine. I actually liked getting off the elevator and being in the casino immediately - no waiting! The only real negative I found were the skimpy towels, but for our room rate, that really didn't bother me much. Because I had read in a previous review not to book online, I just called the hotel directly and booked our room - very fast, simple, no confirmation emails, but no problems, either. $79 a night - what a deal! Everyone on staff was very nice and accommodating, and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kay2048
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here recently. First, the hotel is nice from the outside and has a beautiful river view. Once we walked in I noticed 3 things right off the bat. 1) smokey lobby. Yes I know it's a casino but in Vegas they have air systems that pump the smoke out. Not so here. We couldn't wait to get out of the lobby. 2) The people in the casino didn't look like they needed to be blowing their paycheck gambling. I know this is Mississippi but there were people who were playing the slots who looked like they came off the streets. We saw a woman in hair curlers and housecoat. Several people rolling oxygen tanks. The obesity epidemic is alive and well in Vicksburg my friends. Which brings me to 3). The buffet. My husband and I did not eat at the all you can eat Buffett that boasts the best seafood (and crab legs) in town. For one thing, the lines were too long. And I hate to sound this way but extremely obese people-including children-piling their plates and gorging themselves sick does not make for a nice dinner atmosphere. As for the rooms they were nice and I found the beds to be comfortable. If you don't mind smoke and gambling is your thing then stay here. Otherwise find a place in Jackson on down the road.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Lrpeach
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had stayed last year at this casino hotel on our way to the beach. It was a bit above average. They must have recently remodeled because the room this time was greatly improved and everything was very modern. I was very pleased! Excellent accomodations for a very reasonable price. My husband also won $500 at the casino!

Room Tip: We got a better rate booking online and that was less than 24 hrs before our arrival.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank misstjb
Reviewed 16 May 2013

As we were traveling, I booked this hotel through their online website. I booked a king nonsmoking room. I even received an email confirmation. Upon check in was informed that the front desk has no access to the online reservation system. They only had 2 rooms left. Thankfully they did still have a non smoking room but it was 2 queen beds. Why have an online system that does not work? That is truly the owners fault and I really felt sorry for the nice front desk employee. The feature needs to be disconnected and repaired.
Other than the reservation mess, I really like the hotel room. It was big and spacious. Casino had typical smoke haze but room on 4th floor was fine. Casino floor was fun.
My advice-call for reservations do not book online!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple