“Mediocre, but in the process of remodeling rooms.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg

and 1 more site!
Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
“Mediocre, but in the process of remodeling rooms.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed on our way to Dallas. Staff was very friendly. We had a double room w/a river view. The view was amazing. Our room was very old but in the hotel's defense they are in the process of remodeling the rooms right now. The carpet in our room left my son's feet black and I found a Miller Lite bottle cap on the side of the bed. Room did have new TV, fridge and microwave. I am giving this 3 stars because in a few months when the remodel is done I'm sure it will be way better.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view have fantastic views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarBer1971
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our property. Our number one goal is to make sure that we provide excellent customer service to our guest. We are currently in the process of renovations so that we can make sure that we continue to exceed our customers expectations. If you are in the area again I would like to invite you back to our newly renovated property once they are complete. Once again thank you for staying at Days Inn & Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lemoore, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Should have read other reviews before coming! But it was pouring down rain, and was in great location! Have never gone wrong staying at a Days Inn before, well call me WRONG! Floor slants towards river, was hoping we didn't go for a swim! Smelled really musty, had to go get air freshener to combat that!!! Everything needs remodeling!!!

But that being said, the location and views are amazing!!!!! We were on the end on 2nd floor, can't beat watching the Mississippi River!

If looking on Expedia, rates said $70, don't pay that! $50 as a walk in! Worth every bit of $30 of that!!!!! We are not picky travelers, just like things to be nicer!

Stayed October 2013
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I apologize that we didn't exceed your expectations. We are currently in the middle of our renovations. We have implemented changes to our property that will exceed customer satisfaction. I hope you will take my offer and revisit the property once renovations are complete. Once again thank you for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Brownsville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here on October 23, 2013. I was given their "suite". First off the door wouldn't open. After getting it open, I walked into a room where the temp was 84 and the heat running full blast. I tried to find the lights and when I did it was as if I was still in the dark. Sitting on the couch I sunk to the floor. I went to the bed and moved the pillow and out crawled a bug. There was no table or chair so I could set up my lap top. I had to go to the office to get a remote for the TV.
When I tried to lock the door I noticed that the security chain was falling off the wall. Also the floor was uneven and bended as you walk. How safe is this? There is construction at the hotel so you have dirt and noise - especially at night from the workers standing outside drinking beer. I couldn't even park close to my room. As a result I did not feel safe here and did not enjoy my stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Read the ratings before you book.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I personally apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are currently going through renovations so that we can make sure our guest satisfaction is great. I have got with my maintenance team and we have implemented an improvement plan for upgrading our suite and taking care of all issues that occurred. If you are ever in the area again I ask of you to give us a second chance so that you can experience the upcoming changes here.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This property had a fire in the last year, and after staying here in July 2013, it's too bad that the whole thing didn't just burn down! I understand that management is undertaking an improvement program. First the good--great view of the river and a beautiful pool (although the hot tub was cold) and excellent location. Superior price too--too good to be true! And the bad...not very clean...terrible deodorizer smell in our room and loud drunken fighting guests outside my parents' room in the wee hours of Saturday morning. And the worst...my sister's smoke alarm beeped due to a depleted battery...every 30 seconds or so LOUDLY--not possible to sleep through. She called the front desk immediately and was told they would come look at it. She called again after dinner and then again later in the evening. Finally, she was told, "We can't fix it because it needs a 9-volt battery." (There is a gas station/convenience store 100 feet from the hotel!) Her response, "Well, that's fine because now I'm going to just pull it out of the wall!"--and she did!" This hotel needs a new staff--not JUST a decor/update improvement plan. Come on, I challenge you to do better!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review of our property. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Yes, we are undertaking an improvement program and it is going great. I have recently met with my front desk clerks, housekeeping and maintenance teams about all of the issues that occurred while you were here. We were able to solve each issue before the renovations are complete. Once again I apologize for any inconveniences, and would like to invite you back in the future if you are in the area again once the renovations are complete.
Watauga, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

After 10 hours of driving, I thought we would have a beautiful evening on the Mississippi River but instead we walked into a dead roach on the floor, a large gap in the sides and bottom of the door, the bottom of the bathtub was dirty from years of dirty feet that hadn't been scrubbed out, an orange m& m on the floor by the bed along with a LOT of dust, the dirty phone was staticky, I couldn't get a clear dial tone to call for a pizza and when I hung up from trying to call, it stopped working altogether... But, the final straw was the sheets, one bed had a pillow case with black on it from mascara I guess, and my sheets had a clear stain in the middle of the bed. We asked for our money back and left, the front desk guy was very apologetic and nice but that's the best I can do! I am not extremely picky, I was tired and ready for a break but this was so bad I HAD to pack me and my two children back up where we drove for another hour before stopping and trying again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for Days Inn & Suites. I would like to let you know that we have an improvement project already on the books for upcoming months. We will be updating the décor as well as getting all new aesthetics. I apologize that your stay wasn't what you expected and we are working hard to make improvements. We would love for you to give us another chance the next time you visit Vicksburg.