“Loved the tour”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Loved the tour”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were there over Columbus Day weekend and got the opportunity to do the Walking Tour. We got started late because our guide never got our phone messages. We really enjoyed it. Our guide was very knowledgeable . I wish we had time to do the military cemetery tour as well but we ran out of time. The only complaint I have is not spending a few minutes longer at each site to walk around and take pictures. I recommend this tour to anyone who loves chasing ghosts and the history of it all! We haven't downloaded our pictures but I hope we captured something! If we do, I'll share here.

Visited October 2013

Tucson, Arizona
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Fun at Night”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I did the Military Park tour and thought it was so interesting. Once a month, in partnership with the park, Haunted Vicksburg is allowed into the park after hours when it is EXTREMELY dark. It is definitely a different experience visiting at night. Our tour guide gave a very eerie and interesting historical account of the battle. He also included peculiar, ghostly incidents that have occurred recently. He was a great story teller. Now, I think that I am the least in tune to the… spiritual realm, but given the environment we were in and it’s tragic history (19,233 casualties in less than 2 months), one could not help jumping at the black… shadows/things that flicked in between the statues and signs. That plus the orbs are as far as things went in terms of paranormal activity. Maybe it was all in my imagination but regardless, this was a good tour and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in history.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank AmericanExpeditioner
Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nighttime visit to Battlefield”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Toured the battlefield at dusk for a one and a half hour tour to some of the hotspots for paranormal activity. Lots of orbs in several pictures and even had what appears to be a soldier in one!! Most national parks don't allow visitors after dark, and this is the only way to do it in Vicksburg!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Keith F
Gulfport, MS
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“REALLY cool”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

While visiting Vicksburg, my husband and I wanted to try something different. So we did the haunted driving tour. It was an amazing experience. Morgan was the best. We learned alot of history about the town as well as the local tales.
I would def recommend this to anyone who wants to experience something different.

Visited January 2013
Somerville, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Highly recommend this ghost tour”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We took the driving tour and really enjoyed it. Our guide was a wonderful storyteller and we liked learning about history at the same time as hearing about the spirits active in Vicksburg. The stops on the tour were well chosen. Have taken many ghost tours in various places, and some are just silly and not worth doing. This one, to the contrary-- authentic, entertaining, connected with the history of the area, and a great way to spend an evening.

Visited November 2012