“Expected more from a Ghost Tour of Vicksburg Military Park”
Review of Haunted Vicksburg

Haunted Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Vicksburg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First of all, I realize you won't always or even most of the time see paranormal activity on a ghost tour. However, the tour of the military park was not the best I have ever been on. The time listed for the tour was 90 minutes. It was closer to 60-70 minutes. You meet outside of the park and drive in. The guide is obviously very knowledgeable of the history, which is a plus. Other tours I have been on let you take pictures throughout the tour. This one, he only lets you take pictures when he says you can and does this cheesy calling of the spirits. And, it only lasts for about a minute or two before you get back into the van and move on. I thought going into the Military Park at night would be super cool and that aspect it was. But, I think it would have been neater if there was less talking about the park(which I did like some of that and provided a great context) and perhaps a time to take the park in the dark all in--more than just a minute or two. I had high hopes, but sadly myself and the person who I was with both thought it was not as good as it could have been and bordering on cheesy at times.

3  Thank Joanne C

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Morgan did a fine narration of some of the fighting and death on the the battlefield and told some neat first-hand accounts of ghost sightings but I had a problem with the fact that we were given so little time to take pictures. The website said it was a 90 minute tour and after 70 minutes we were exiting the park so why not add five minutes more to each of the stops so we would get what we paid for? If it was my tour, I'd probably go over the 90 minutes and allow a brief walk and question period but that's just my suggestion. BTW, I didn't see any ghosts and/or paranormal activity and my camera picked up nada but that was fine as long as we got an interesting tour for the full amount of time. It was quite eerie nevertheless.

1  Thank Howard S
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Morgan puts the history of Vicksburg together with the history of hauntings in a very compelling way. In addition to the deep knowledge he has, his engaging style keeps you riveted to the focus of the walk. It almost feels as though he might just "call up" a spirit. Very enjoyable adventure. I had the opportunity to take a tour with him at the Vicksburg National Military Park several weeks ago and that was equally as compelling.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This tour is a good combination of local history, local lore, with a splash of chills throw in. Mr. Gates, the owner and our guide is wonderful. I agree with all the prior reviews, but offer a new perspective. He is the like the best tour guide of the city, with all the text book knowledge, all the local contacts, lore and legends, and then after hours takes you on the tour you wish you could have during the day. It is a true behind the scenes look at this fascinating city. We plan to return to take the battlefield tour. You will enjoy the tour. Take it.

1  Thank HappyDonor
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Mr Gates, the owner and driver/guide for our tour of historic down town, has a way with telling stories. Despite the freezing temperatures, he kept us engaged with colorful details of old Vicksburg. He finished each historically based tale with ghostly testimonies of the building owners that he interviewed over the past few years. Mr Gates is a wonderful story teller! A bit pricier than other ghost tours but worth the money. You should not be disappointed.