“Nice atmosphere, food was OK”

Cedar Grove Mansion Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 132 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rolla, Missouri
“Nice atmosphere, food was OK”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We ate there for a late dinner. Myself and my friend weren't too hungry so we both ordered French Onion Soup. It was by far the worst F.O.S. we had ever had. The broth was like a thick brown gravy, onions were almost nonexistent a tiny crouton on top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I've made F.O.S., so I know how it should be. I should of sent it back. My husband had gumbo which he said was good and he also had bacon wrapped poppers which were good.

• Visited February 2014

Lucedale, MS
“Beautiful Mansion”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated valentine's at the restaurant. We started with wine at the bar, then move to the dinning room. The menu was limited because of the expected increase in the crowd. I chose the crab and shrimp soup, it was warm, not hot. The salad was an appropriate size, but wilted. I had the New York strip, which was OK, not great. My husband had the grouper, which he said was fair. On the dessert menu, we had a choice between chocolate lava cake or cheesecake. However, they had ran out of the chocolate cake during the 6:30 sitting and the coffee was weak. The waiter worked hard, serving a large room of people, but details were missing. When the steak came, he had to make a second trip for the steak knife, the water glasses when unfilled, and a second trip had to be made for the dessert fork. My husband never received the cup of coffee he ordered,p, but chose not to request it again. I know it's difficult to judge the expected crowd at a restaurant on any given evening, but a second person refilling glasses, and removing dirty dishes would have worked well on this busy night. I gave three stars for the wonderful atmosphere. The room we were dinning in, has a wonderful spirit.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank ASSEDO
Batesville, Mississippi
“Good!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It is a bit pricey but very good. There are lots of Southern dishes on the menu, such as rabbit or quail, but I still love the filet. The desserts are also very delicious. I love eating here when I stay at Cedar Grove Mansion.

Visited April 2013
Durango, CO
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We decided that we would like to have dinner in one of the antebellum mansions in the historic section of Vicksburg. After looking at the reviews of restaurants we decided to go to the Cedar Grove Mansion. We ended up being the only ones in the restaurant this Wednesday evening which gave us time to interact with the staff. We had a great time visiting and learning about the area. We started with the Lobster Ravioli and Crab Cake appetizers. They were good but not really special. I ordered the Blackened Seafood Pasta and my wife ordered the Ahi Tuna. Both dishes were very good and I loved the pasta. The atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasant and the wait staff was great. The chef that prepared my pasta came out to talk for a moment and that was nice. The price is a little high for what we got but the entire experience was worth the price. I would recommend this restaurant for a one time experience in a special place.

• Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“The staff really make this place”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a road trip from Little Rock to New Orleans visiting the battlefield and staying overnight nearby.

Initially we just wanted to see the place, have a cocktail and then head back to the hotel, but the bartender Kenneth was such fun, when ended up staying for hours!

The staff here is fantastic!! Granted its a beautiful plantation with history and pedigree, but it's really the friendly people here that make it such a draw. Kenneth is a great bartender. Full of entertaining stories with a great personality. The chef is brilliant too and made an appetizer plate which included fried jalapeños wrapped in bacon and stuffed with duck that was mind blowing and super creative. His stuffed ravioli with crawfish in chili sauce was ridiculously good and he's a great and incentive chef.

I recommend this place to anyone visiting the area. What a great mix of atmosphere, food, killer drinks, and the nicest, most professional staff I've encountered in some time.

1 Thank SirNose