“Nice motel”
Review of Super 8 Vicksburg

Super 8 Vicksburg
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Place is great. Room was very clean. Staff is excellent. Everything works and for $45 this is a pleasant surprise. Moreover the air conditioning is a welcome relief, nice and cool.

This place is a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank islafriend

Reviewed 26 July 2014

BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS.... be ware do not stay here. We asked about a review that was posted 11 months ago and they lied and told us that there wasnt any BED BUGS well they lied, do not stay here the room smelled something horrible. I repeat do not stay here they have BED BUGS!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here primarily because it was pet friendly, I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms cleanliness. The WiFi was also free and fast. My room had a microwave and fridge which were nice. All this for at a Motel 6 price. The room had a flat screen TV. The only problem I had during a 4 day stay was that one evening the TV kept losing signal on the news channels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband, my 2 year old son and myself stopped at this motel 6 on the way through heading from Texas to Atlanta, GA. I was a bit worried about what I would be walking into. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. It had a microwave and a fridge which was a plus! The bed was comfortable. This room had a table with chairs and sufficient countertop space. We had plenty of towels in the room. I loved the fact that the rooms here are accessible from the inside instead of outside like the motel 6 that I stayed at in the past. The doors to the inside of the hotel at the rear can only be opened with your room key. Overall even though this area wasn't ritzy, we felt very safe. Our car was fine even though anyone could look through my windows and see stuff that someone might have wanted to steal. This motel 6 has a pool as well. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book online for a better rate if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cenalestravel
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Though I was only there for one night, this was by far the best hotel bed I have yet come across. Most hotel beds end up feeling like overstuffed sacks of pudding to me, but this one was just the level of firmness I enjoy. It was perhaps new, but it was still awesome. Nice quiet location, but no restaurants in walking distance. One negative was that there was a stain on the toilet seat that was obviously a cigarette burn, and they had not replaced the seat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here to ensure we were close enough to the attractions without the cost. We should've left. The staff was friendly, so that's a plus. We didn't make reservations, but we were able to get a room immediately. The problem was, this hotel allows smoking (I'm assuming on the 1st floor). When we reached the 2nd floor, the smell of cigarettes was almost unbearable. You could look down the hall and literally see a smoky haze (I'm assuming from the smokers below). The room smelled like cigarette smoke as well. The room was pretty small so the furniture seemed to be stuffed close together to each other. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator so that was good, too. We realized (soon enough) that our room only had 1 big towel. We had to go downstairs to ask for more. When we asked, the attendant wanted to know what room we were in (why, I still don't know). We were given 2 more towels. No breakfast. Only coffee was offered. Had I not been driving for 3 hours, I would've gone to another hotel. Other good things: it was VERY close to the National Civil War Park in Vicksburg, it was right off the highway, and we were able to get a room without any trouble. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't stay here anymore unless the smoke issue was corrected.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Konala3
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Over the years we have stayed at Many Motel 6's, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the one in Vicksburg. Room was clean, the staff was pleasant, and the value for cost was excellent. The location was also very convenient to I 20. If we're in the area again, we plan to stay at this motel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family