“Nice place to play”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was a very nice casino. Our son took us there and although we didn't win...we enjoyed a nice lunch.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

To be honest, we didn't really gamble much - just a few dollars on the slots. Our main reason for the visit was to have the seafood buffet which was very good value with an excellent selection - more crabs claws than I've ever seen.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

It is funny to read the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. This is not Las Vegas (or even Shreveport) people. It is a fun stop for the weary traveler along I20, a different activity for the history buff tourists, and a good weekend hangout for locals. My husband and I always stop here on our way through Mississippi on I20. The staff is friendly, the drinks are good, and the seafood buffet is nice. I recommend this casino over others in the area.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the largest and best-decorated of the four remaining Vicksburg casinos. Plenty of tables and slots of all denominations. (The buffet is mediocre, however.)

1  Thank DalTx214
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My hubby and I spent a few nights in Vicksburg recently, and went to the
Ameristar Casino twice. We really enjoyed the fact that it was less "smokey", not too loud, and had a nice layout. Hubby played slots and had a really good time, and I decided to learn the "Black Jack/3-Card Poker" table game.

This casino had the kindest, most patient dealers, who explained things to me and allowed me to learn to play. I really appreciated the low table minimums and had a very good time. I ended up getting two straight flushes in two days on the poker part of the game, thus won a "bunch" of money. I really enjoyed this casino a lot, and we will probably be back again in the future. I really wish I could remember the names of the dealers, they were fantastic!

Great place for gaming fun.

1  Thank mambomamma
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I’m glad you and your husband had a fun time during your visit! We appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our dealers. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest.