“FUN”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“FUN”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Everything was great!! Had a good time. went to the Vicksburg Military Park. Went to the overlooks and sit and enjoyed the breath taking view of the Mississippi River. We just had a wonderful time. Played on the Casino won a few and lost a few.

Visited February 2014

Decatur, Alabama
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Service and Sunset”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the casino on Easter weekend. It is situated on the Mississippi River and looks like a Riverboat. There is a buffet and steakhouse here as well as different entertainment areas. The city of Vicksburg was featuring blues shows throughout the city and we saw John Nesmeth at the casino. We also ate at the buffet but that is another review.

I won $128, so all was good but that isn't the main reason for this review...it is the service. My husband and I wanted to get a shot of the sunset and we were having difficulty finding the right spot. My husband asked one of the managers in the parking deck and he asked one of the drivers to take us over to the visitor's center for a good shot. The driver, Carl, took us to various spots until we found what we were looking for. He stayed with us until we were ready to go back to the casino and even asked if we wanted to go back to the hotel instead. That was service!

1 Thank Hrpamw
Fishers, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Big rooms, but unclean”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed here with a 1-year old for an evening, passing through town. The staff was very unfriendly and unenergetic. The room was quite large, but we found it to be unclean. Luckily, I had some wet ones to go around and clean the place. There was dried, crusty food or drink on the carpet, toothpaste spots all over the mirror, mildew spots on the shower curtain, and the bathroom looked like it needed a good mopping and wipe down with some bleach. The bed was super uncomfortable and loud whenever I would turn in bed. If we ever pass through in the future, I will try another hotel in the area.

1 Thank singgirl17
alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun for a few hours”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Didn't experience any big payouts just enough to keep you playing for a little bit. Too smoky. Really need to have a larger non smoking section.

LaGrange, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best casino in Vicksburg”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently visited four casinos in Vicksburg; none of them is outstanding but Ameristar is the best of the lot. The casino is clean and fairly well run although getting a drink often requires a long wait. I would rank the casinos as follows--1. Ameriistar, 2. Diamond Jacks, 3. Riverwalk, and 4. Lady Luck.

Visited March 2014