“Fridays and Saturdays Blues Shows”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
France
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fridays and Saturdays Blues Shows”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am not used to go to Casinos but this time I did an exception as I really wanted to listen good Blues.
Shirley Waring the responsible of the Vicksburg Blues Society is doing a great job promoting the Blues Musicians. She's working hard and it's nice to have persons like this fighting so hard to make the blues better known and promoted.
Thanks a lot Shirley, you are doing a hard work.
Take care
Rachel

Visited May 2014

Georgia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice place to gamble”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The parking was easy and the staff was friendly! There were not too many smokers only a few of what I seen. It was clean and well lit. I would go back it and when back in Vicksburg.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Casino on a River Boat Thats Cool”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent a few hours here on Saturday night, the bar tenders do not skimp on the drinks. Some of us added more mixer because they were so strong. Lots of machines, well laid out we had a great time. Some won a little some broke even and I donated to the cause but still had a good time. Worth the trip.

Visited April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“FUN”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Everything was great!! Had a good time. went to the Vicksburg Military Park. Went to the overlooks and sit and enjoyed the breath taking view of the Mississippi River. We just had a wonderful time. Played on the Casino won a few and lost a few.

Visited February 2014
Decatur, Alabama
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Service and Sunset”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the casino on Easter weekend. It is situated on the Mississippi River and looks like a Riverboat. There is a buffet and steakhouse here as well as different entertainment areas. The city of Vicksburg was featuring blues shows throughout the city and we saw John Nesmeth at the casino. We also ate at the buffet but that is another review.

I won $128, so all was good but that isn't the main reason for this review...it is the service. My husband and I wanted to get a shot of the sunset and we were having difficulty finding the right spot. My husband asked one of the managers in the parking deck and he asked one of the drivers to take us over to the visitor's center for a good shot. The driver, Carl, took us to various spots until we found what we were looking for. He stayed with us until we were ready to go back to the casino and even asked if we wanted to go back to the hotel instead. That was service!

Visited April 2014