“Seafood...Eat Food”

Price range: US$10 - US$24
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently tried the Heritage Buffet at the Ameristar Casino. It is located in the back of the casino...go up the escalator.

We were there on Friday night so the seafood buffet...all you can eat...was in full swing. They were busy but seated us with a view of the Mississippi River and the bridge, we observed several barges going by and then saw a lovely sunset behind the bridge.

Now, for the food...there was plenty of it! The crab legs seemed to be the hot item and I can see why. They were large and contained sweet, delicious meat. There were shrimp, crawfish, oysters, frog legs and roast beef as well. The creamed corn was delicious...the real thing!

There are many desserts to choose from, you can't go wrong...all for $25 per person. I missed the collard greens, I didn't see them until I was already busting at the seams!

Our server was very attentive and was always nearby when we needed her.

I would highly recommend this place... just pace yourself!

2  Thank Hrpamw

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Admittedly, it had been a long time since I had been to the Ameristar Casino in Vicksburg, and for that matter, to any Casino to dine. I was there with two other old men to tour the battlefield and to do everything historic Vicksburg we could in the day and a half we were in the area. See my review on Lillian's Restaurant in down town Vicksburg. We spent all day touring the battlefield on a Friday and having missed lunch, by 5 PM we were all buffet hungry. Having eaten at the Casino many years before, for about $10, I had the romantic notion that it still would be a bargain -- not so! It was a Friday, therefore, it was seafood buffet night. Which meant, crab legs and shrimp. Instead of the usual weekday price of $16 per, it was $28 including tax and no drink. Tea is extra, as is beer and wine, of course. The biggest obstacle of getting to the buffet, is having to walk though the gagging smoke filled casino gaming floor to get to the escalators to upstairs. There may be another route, but it certainly is not obvious.

Getting over the sticker shock, we were guided to the back of the dining room to the non-smoking area, which, was reasonably smoke free, but we could still sense it -- at a minimum, on our cloths. The crab legs were plentiful, but overly spicy, as was the peel and eat shrimp. Crab is best when served cold -- these were hot, as were the peel and eat shrimp which were cooked in the same hot sauce concoction. I did later find iced down peel and eat shrimp, so if you like it cold, just keep looking, They are not close together. There was also a carving table with a prime rib roast, but looking at it, there was no pink -- it was obviously well done -- not for me or most any one else I know. There was a tray of BBQ ribs. A bit tough and virtually no smoke flavor. The vegetable choices were typical. The mac and cheese was very good. Breads were okay but not warm. The deserts were very good. Both sugar and non-sugar choices. I really enjoyed the chocolate meringue pie.

Due to the price, I will no be returning. Gone are the days when casino food was a bargain to lure you in. The cigarette smoke is enough reason to stay away even if you think $30 is a good deal for "sea food". We have two buffets in the small Arkansas town where I live near that serve all you can eat Snow Crab legs, 4 or 5 shrimp dishes including peel and eat, and fresh catfish fillets for $12 per person - and sushi and beef - EVERY DAY!!! They make money doing so --- so, I'll stay home for my buffet food. The casino can keep ripping their patrons off -- but , isn't that the purpose of the gambling odds???

1  Thank Arkansastraveler69
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were very pleased with all that was offered, and we got a $25 dining voucher with our hotel stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive . Be sure you are hungry when you arrive, or it will not be worth the price you pay.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Wow! The steamed crab legs were really good. I had both the traditional steamed legs with hot drawn butter and the Cajun BBQ steamed crab legs. OMG! I really liked those. I followed the advice of previous Trip Advisors and had the creamed corn and the braised cabbage. Yum! The collard greens had big chunks of ham and were seasoned well (especially with the addition of pepper sauce). And, as a Mac n' Cheese snob, I must say that I really liked the cheesy/creamy offering on the buffet. My hubby had catfish (which he said was OK) and fried chicken (which he said was good). He liked all of the sides. Our server Joshua was great! I highly recommend this eatery in the Ameristar casino.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The food here is excellent, served buffet style. All you can eat. Can't beat it for the price. We really enjoyed it and they have so many different selections, you're sure to find something you love. Be sure to try the braised cabbage and the creamed corn!