“Very good lunch”

Rusty's Riverfront Grill
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, TX
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stopping in alone for lunch, I chose to sit at the bar. This was not a problem at all; I had a very good meal and friendly service.

Although my fried catfish and garlic butter green beans were superb, I thought the meal fell short of excellent because it seemed incomplete. I am not from Vicksburg or Mississippi, but I am from the South, y'all, and I am accustomed to enjoying some kind of bread with every meal. With fried catfish, I am likely to have hushpuppies and cole slaw. I had neither at Rusty's. Fish on the board and no cole slaw! In fact, not even a slice of lemon appeared for my iced tea or my catfish until I requested it. Odd!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lalo_de_Mexico

Mansfield, Texas
“Great spot for good food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Rusty's on a trip from Dallas to Atlanta. We didn't mind the 3 mile drive from the highway. Right around the restaurant the downtown area has been restored. We had a 20 min wait for a table, so we walked to the railroad station and read about the ship dry docked across the street.

Our waitress was great. Fast, available, and quick to bring things. The food was tasty, for the most part. My husband enjoyed the Hawaiian Chicken, but it was a tad on the dry side. I found the crab cakes to delicious. We both had a side salad which was very fresh. My son had a cheeseburger, but thought it was just ok. I saw the portion sizes on other dishes, especially the pastas, and they were huge! Everything was sweetened. Butter, rolls, onion ring batter, etc.

Bathrooms were clean, too. Overall, great service, good food. I don't know how it compares to other restaurants in town, but the fish options make this THE place for seafood.

Utah
“Great lunch experience”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were in town for a day of visiting the Civil War monument and stumbled across Rusty's. Everyone inside seemed to be local. The seafood and the salads were excellent. Enjoyable experience

• Visited April 2014
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“All the Rage on the MS River!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I frequently dine here and it is BY FAR my fav in town! The Ahi Tuna melts in your mouth and the service is fantastic and quick! A MUST for excellent food in Vicksburg!

• Visited May 2014
Deland,florida
“Fantastic Seafood”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

4 of us traveling Nashville to New Orleans stayed in Vicksburg couple nights,we ate at Rusty,s all ordering something different , we shared and agreed all was excellent. My wife likes fried oysters.
We think they were the best ever,very lite batter & not greasy.We are from Florida,my brother and his wife from Seattle so we all have ate our share of seafood. Very good.

• Visited April 2014