“Don't waste your money”

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Newark, Delaware
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I came to Vickburg for buiness.This motel is just plain dirty.The bedding had brown spots on themthe carpet is old and dirty,troble closing the door.We had a kitchenette. THere where not table and chairs,no plates or pans,knives or forks.The parking is terrible.The floors are two level not good if your diaabled. The only good thing is location. Close to Mall and food store.

Room Tip: you have noise from traians andpaper thin walls
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dennis S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The hotel is fine for a bargain hotel, but we discovered bed bugs in our room (115) during a 2 night stay in Dec. 2012. My husband is highly allergic to them; he woke up covered in bites after the 1st night, but we didn't see any bugs and thought maybe they came from the hotel we stayed in the night before. We turned on the light around 2 or 3 am on the second night and found 4 bed bugs crawling around in just a few minutes. They were very pleasant and refunded our money for the second night (I haven't asked about the first yet), but obviously I can't recommend staying there until the bed bugs leave.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ktarty

Travellers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed here 2 months,By far one of the best places ive ever stayed, staff very freindly and helpful, took care of any problem right way. Very clean,quiet,great rooms and safe and great prices.Highly recommend if you have an extened stay in vicksburg.A great personalized stay,they make you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
russellville ark.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we passed thur vicksburg decided to stay at the rodeway inn, we were treated very well, room was very clean and what amazed us was the hotel attendant called us as soon as we got in room and ask if our room was ok..you dont see that happen often..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Stockbridge, GA
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Rodeway in Vicksburg has seen far better days. Pulled up at entrance to be enveloped in a cloud of cigarette smoke from one of the employees smoking next to the front door. Went inside and nobody there. Finally a Indian woman appeared who didnt know what she was doing. Her husband finally came out of their living quarters and checked me in. He wasnt very friendly. Meanwhile his toddler is wandering around the lobby. The room is outdated and very worn. Bed is sway backed ond over due to be replaced. Old soiled bedspread (would have liked Gordon's infra-red lite). Wrinkled sheets which I am not sure have been changred since the last occupant. EZ chair & ottoman are worn and dirty. Carpet ditto. Wooden furniture is worn and chipped. Popcorn is missing from popcorn ceiling in areas. Olds style TV and reading lights not bright enuf to read comortably. Nice $29.95 flop house.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before considering staying at this hotel. Filthy!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LarrJann
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We are driving cross country and decided to stop and smell the roses and thought Vicksburg would be a good idea to spend a day or two checking the place out. We arrived late at night (10:00pm) after calling and was told that the place was just remodeled. When we got there, the desk clerk said it was 2 years ago..
So since I won't stay anywhere without first looking at the room. I asked to see the room.. I was given a key and told that when I put the key in I should jiggle the handle to get the door open.. So I went it and pulled off the bedspread, The blanket was thin enough to see through, the carpet was dirty, but I still went to check out the bathroom.. Open the light, hit the shower curtain and out fell a ROACH! I screamed and ran out of the room (And I grew up in NYC... very used to roaches but not in my room!) The bathroom was tiny and the toilet was tiny...
The desk clerk tried to convince us to look at another room, but wouldn't you think that he would have given us the best room to check out to begin with? And he went to check if I was right or not about the roach!! What's that about?? I thought the customer is suppose to always be right?
Stay away until or if they get their act together...

Room Tip: Do NOT check in to this place until you totally check out a room first..
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Having read other reviews I was expecting a bit more of this motel. The lady at check-in was pleasant enough, but when I got to the room the door was hard to open, and the wall structure was visibly thin and weak. Finally getting in the door I was met by a fairly funky smell in this non-smoking room. The door was then hard to align properly to deadbolt.

OK, looking around, decor is pretty old and dated; if you want to picture the chairs, tables, etc, think student share house - it's a bit of a hodge-podge of stuff all looking, and feeling, well past it's use by date. Having said which, the timber bedhead, besides, TV cabinet, and desk did seem to match, but were a very old style that would actually come up nicely with a refurbishment. Beyond that, things are clearly done to a budget; rough-as-guts paint jobs, groaning mini fridge, old cheap CRT TV with ordinary picture quality (to be fair there were lots of channels), wonky fixtures, rusty microwave, bottom of the range towels, roaring bathroom fan, and a weak, slow wi-fi signal. The coffee maker was dirty and had to be washed out, there was slop up the mirror, like someone had spat out their toothpaste on it and it had dried there and not been cleaned off. Even the coffee and sugar packets were greasy (I don't know what from). Not that you should worry - the coffee was undrinkable anyway.

This didn't inspire me to rush to go to bed. Again sheets and pillows were well worn and bottom of the range. The king bed however turned out to be firm and comfortable, and even if they weren't good quality, at least the bed dressings were clean and the pillow could be bashed into a decent shape, and all up gave a good night's sleep. The shower was hot and had good pressure (almost too good), and the cheap rough towels gave my a skin a nice defoliation afterwards. A basic breakfast was provided in a tiny room (two tables, four chairs); cereal, toast/bagels, pastry, fruit drink (not juice), coffee; no fruit or other luxuries. Staff were pleasant.

All up this place wasn't dear, but at over $70 a night including tax it should be better. If it was under $50 it would be more value for money. This was the first time I'd ever stayed in a Rodeway Inn, and, to be honest, probably the last.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo