“OK, but a couple of problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Vicksburg

Ramada Vicksburg
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Shanghai, China
“OK, but a couple of problems”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Fairfield Inn is a couple of miles outside of downtown Vicksburg, close to major highways. I had never stayed in a Fairfield before this one-night stay. Check-in was friendly and efficient, and the room was serviceable, with two exceptions: When we entered the room, the air conditioning had been set to "tundra" (in fact, I think it was 55 degrees F) and was blowing at full blast. The temperature outside was only in the low 70s. We actually had to put on the heat to warm up the room. The second problem was a filthy towel left on the shower curtain rod, apparently from earlier occupants or a maintenance crew. The housekeeping didn't seem to be very thorough.

We had a quiet night's sleep, and appreciated the hot breakfast, although on busy mornings, late arrivals may find the place ravaged and the staff struggling to keep up.

In general, the Fairfield was only average for its category.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent experience with us here at the Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg, Ms. I want to apologize to you and your family for the negative experience you all went through while visiting us. Those two errors will not become a recurring problem to any of our future guest and once again I’m deeply sorry that you had to experience those errors. We would love for you and your family to give us another change to regain your trust.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This Fairfield was a good hotel for our overnight stay. Everything in the hotel was clean including our room and bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The hotel has a manager's reception from 5:30 to 7:00 with light snacks and complimentary beverages - a very nice touch for road-tired travelers. The friendly staff were a big help with anything we needed.

That said, the hotel is below par as a Fairfield Inn and I've stayed in many of them. In our room, the carpeting was showing signs of wear and the beds in our rooms need replacing (too soft and springy). There were signs of deferred maintenance (broken lamp fixture, big stain on the corner chair).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg, Ms. I would first like to say thank you for the kind words as it relates to our staff; everything we do is aimed at making sure our guest have a wonderful experience. I would also like to apologize for the problems you encountered with the age of our property. We are taking steps to ensure that our property receives some well-deserved upgrades.
Once again I would like apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you the different things we’re doing with the property the next time you are passing through Vicksburg.
Sykesville
Reviewed 28 July 2014

One night stay for business, at government rate. Arrived late, and left early, so I did not spend much time here. Serviceable, if shopworn and shabby looking. Beds were very soft spring mattresses and quite uncomfortable. Attention to detail with regard to cleanliness in the bathroom was lacking (mold and mildew present).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your sharing your experience from your stay with us at Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg, Ms. Please let me first start by apologizing to you for the lack of a peaceful night’s rest. I would like you to know that we are currently going room by room to ensure those upgrades are handled correctly. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our guest receives a great night rest and to know that you didn’t get that does not go over well with us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We are on a week-long trip and stopped here for a night. A VERY nice lady checked us in and made us feel welcome. The lobby looks great! And, before you read the rest of my comments know that I would stay here again.

As soon as we stepped off the elevator into the third floor hallway, I suspected we weren't going to be dazzled by our room. The carpet on the third floor hallway needs to be updated, and the finishes on the walls are aging.

Our room was okay, but needs new furniture, a new mattress, new carpet, and a tub. Everything seems clean, but it is just worn out. It's almost as if they took a Super 8 and converted it to a Fairfield Inn about 8-10 years ago.

At bedtime, we also noted that we had a significant amount of light flooding into our rooms window due to external lighting; we tried to adjust the curtains to darken the room but were unsuccessful in getting the room comfortably dark.

We've become accustomed to the higher quality of Marriott, even the Fairfield Inn, their lower level hotel is usually head and shoulders above comparably priced hotels. This hotel is okay, but it needs an update in a big way. Again, I would stay here again if needed, but I'd probably try to find a nicer Marriott next time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Ray,
Thank you for your choosing to stay with us here at Fairfield Inn Vicksburg Ms. Your comments are helpful in making our property better in every aspect of our guest experience. We are hard at work on improving the look of our hotel so that is matches the personality of our employees. I would like you to know that your comments and concerns will NOT go unanswered Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family.
Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited Vicksburg during our USA roadtrip. We enjoyed real Southern hospitality in this inn. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was a comfortable size and clean. The breakfast delicious with enough variety. Would recommend this inn and especially this historic town for anyone travelling through Mississippi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed around the 4th of July holiday in 2014 and arrived on the 2nd of July, staying through the 5th. First off, the location is off the freeway and then down a frontage type road about a half mile down. It is located next to a number of restaurants, a Kroger grocery store, and gas stations, so the location worked well for us. The property itself was decent with the right amount of amenities, including a manager's reception Sunday through Thursday nights (an appetizer such as mini meatballs, assorted cheese and crackers, and free beer or wine), which was more than expected.
There were a couple issues during the stay, however, that affected my opinion. First off, I like to work out in the morning and the equipment, with only an elliptical and treamill machine to use, was limited and the machines had seen better days. The real issue was that the A/C in the fitness room was not working, and I ended up personally raising the temperature in the room by about 10 degrees (prior hotel room converted to fitness room) on an already muggy set of days in Vicksburg.
Another amenity I look for is wi-fi, which the hotel did offer, but this was terribly underwhelming. The speeds I tested (using the Speedtest App) were about 0.17 Mbps download and a little faster upload. This was unacceptable as I could not download a simiple map of the local Vicksburg Military Park (about 3MB) because the connection would always time out after trying to download for a couple minutes. Again, this was very disappointing and had to find other wi-fi hotspots to use during our stay to keep connected or make travel updates.
The breakfast in the morning was standard hot breakfast fare (eggs, sausage patties, assorted breads/muffins, cereal, waffle bar, etc.) and I was very satisfied from this offering.
Overall, a decent stay. Would I stay again? I guess I would if I needed to (I stayed on Marriott rewards, so beggars shouldn't be choosers, right?), but I would probably look elsewhere if I had the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Todd43323,
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to share your experience you had with us at the Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg, MS. Please accept my sincere apologies for the below standards that you experienced with the WiFi and the exercise room AC unit.
Everything that we do is aimed at giving our guest a GREAT experience and we have taking direct actions to insure that these problems are rectified.
We have replaced the unit in the exercise room, and our internet support team has resolved the issues that we had with the speed.
Once again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us.
Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Needs upgrading of rooms. Mattress could be of better grade.
Fairly clean overall. No safety bath mat but did have grab bar in tub.
Breakfast was the normal type but good hot coffee and most other drinks.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a response from your experience with us at the Fairfield Inn in vicksburg Ms. We are currently making plans to give our hotel some upgrades; to match the the costumer service that we try to display for each and every guest. Once again thanking you for giving an honest review to which we can take from and accomendate any future guest.