“Basement views...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
“Basement views...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2005

Be warned, the hotel has a basement which has rooms. We got the basement. Yuck... The rooms were dark and foreboding...the sound from upstairs was distracting. The breakfast was typical. I'm not sure the hotel deserves a single star...

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2005

We traveled through Walla Walla with 2 small kittens and booked the La Quinta as the Marcus Whitman Hotel was out of pet friendly rooms. I am a smoker, but this room smelled horrible like very stale cigars. The room was tiny and all of them have the old fashioned window box a/c units that remind me of an old single wide trailer. The upstairs rooms may have been better, no constand pounding of people's footsteps at 2-3 AM and again at 6 AM... It did have a fridge and microwave, but for the $76.50 "special rate", I would never stay here again, we were grateful we were passing through and only had one night here --- Off to John Day and the Best Western, then the 5th Avenue Suites in Portland, so hoping things are looking up!

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank thecatsmeow

Travellers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2005

The most uncomfortable queen size bed in the country!
Right beside an ice machine- so when anyone got ice or the machine needed to make ice we got noise. There was a tour group there for the Balloon Stampede Weekend so there was no seats available in the breakfast room. No elevator.

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2005

Despite the fact the hotel amenities advertised on the website, our room did not have a fridge or microwave which resulted in us having to throw out food we had brought. The parking lot was down a hill accessible by stairs so bringing up luggage, (no luggage racks available), was an ordeal. Then to make it worse our room was down 2 sets of stairs, with no elevator. The room was bleak, barren, dark, and dungeon like with one small window high up on the wall. Customer service was non-existent. Soundproofing also must have been non-existent because the people on floor above us were having conversations that we could hear through our ceiling. The only positive about this motel was the pool and hot tub area were nice and well maintained. For the price I paid I have stayed at the nicest motels in the country. May I just say NEVER AGAIN!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2004

Don't do it. Though this is a relatively small market, it must not be very competitive for the lodging industry. From a La Quinta chain, I was expecting a newer property with new rooms... I got an older property that had exposed pipes/plumbing in my rooms bathroom, a bed with a slooping mattress, and pillows that were as thin as paper. I suggest the newer Holiday Inn Express on the west edge of town, or the Whitman hotel downtown.

For restaurants though, be sure to visit Merchant's deli downtown! ... and buy some wine!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2004

I booked a room at the La Quinta when I traveled to Walla Walla in June, 2003 because it was the cheapest I could find. Therefore, I was quite surprised to find a new property about which I had no complaints!
The room was not huge nor super-fancy, but it was well-appointed and clean and still felt relatively new. The hotel itself got a good rating in my boat because of this, plus the fact that they had free internet use in the lobby for guests and they baked fresh cookies every night! I would recommend it to anyone coming to Walla Walla. It is within a 10-15 minute walk to lovely downtown, too - another plus!

3 Thank traveling_fr0m_TX