“America's Best Value Inn, Walla Walla, WA”

Motel 6 Walla Walla
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
“America's Best Value Inn, Walla Walla, WA”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

An older motel of average quality with a so-so continental breakfast and swimming pool, the location & price make this motel an extraordinary value. Located just north of the Walla Walla Hotel & Convention Center, it is walking distance to the restaurant's and numerous wine tasting shops in downtown marvelous Walla Walla, the Oregon Trail's gateway to Washington State.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank You Very Much Staying With Us See U Next Time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oregon, USA
Reviewed 8 April 2014

There isn't much charm or romance here, but it is clean and comfortable, especially for the price We were in the upper floor of the newer section. As is typical, there are not quite enough outlets in the room to charge everything, but atypically the wi-fi was decently fast. The breakfast was a little different each day - small pastry, toaster waffles, coffee, juice, piece of fruit, but fine to get going.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Runs4Cache
danny p, General Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much staying with us see you next time.
Lewiston
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stay here several times a year because we prefer to spend our money on wine and eating out, rather than on accommodations. The rooms in the "new" addition have king beds, a couch and a refrigerator. The long term owners are friendly and the property is very clean. It is a good value for a budget hotel. The best thing is that it is right across the street from Whitehouse Crawford and within easy walking distance of tasting rooms, good coffee, and other excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an extra window. Being on the ground floor is better for lugging wine into the ro...
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us see you next time.
spokane
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Two sides to this hotel - newer side and older. Newer is nicer, however, both are clean. Breakfast in minimal mini-muffins, waffles, toast tasted a bit stale, and there is virtually no seating. However, Safeway is just blocks away and a fresh bagel will cost you around 50 cents and there is a Starbucks in store.

Outdoor pool - no workout area - this is a basic place to sleep.

The hotel is within a block of downtown and there are plenty of trendy little restaurants there - not to mention wine shops. Whitman College is a nice walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the new addition and upper story.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us see you next time.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Location is terrific if you want to be downtown and within walking distance of restaurants, shops, wine tasting rooms, etc. No frills, clean, good value. A place to sleep at night, no more and no less.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us see you again.
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was in town for work. I needed a place to sleep, and I needed something that was within a reasonable budget. The room was decently clean and I had no "big" complaints. However, being there during the "off season" means there is no continental breakfast. Im not really big on those, but if something is advertised I expect it to be included. The website advertised it, but the sign on the counter at check-in said otherwise. I can understand keeping costs down and not providing food when the hotel is near empty, but put it on the website. Also, (another cost saving measure I think) I searched out ice machines only to find they were all unplugged. The manager/owner did provide me some from his office, but it would have been nice to know before wandering all over the hotel grounds. One other thing...and this may be another cost cutting practice...I had read that the wi-fi was an issue for some other people who previously stayed there (perhaps in the winter off season like myself). They advertise free wi-fi, but I was unable to get a signal. I had read in other reviews that when people complained, the hotel manager/owner blamed the problem on their personal electronics....I highly doubt that that was the problem...and think that is has more to do with not providing something that is advertised in the name of saving a buck. All in all, the stay was fine. Room was clean; bed was comfortable; lights worked; TV worked. I guess its all in what you expect. I wasnt expecting a fine, plush hotel, and I didnt get that...but I did get a decent nights stay for a reasonable price. Some things could have been better but, I had a place to sleep and shower and that is ultimately what I was expecting from this hotel.

Room Tip: Best to call and find out what is actually "included" and whether or not an advertised ite...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven A
Thank you for staying with us see you again.
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The place was cheap, the guy.. I assume the owner, seemed as if it was a burden for him to get up and help me. Tossed a pen at me and said "fill out". Whatever, long day of driving and I wanted to crash. Get into the room, unpack all our stuff, and the toilet is full of (yellow) water. I go tell him and instead of fixing it he gives me another room, so I pack up all our stuff and drag it a couple doors down. They charge for pets, but there are a billion signs around that they're not allowed on the grass and for some reason they made it a point to tell me that I wasn't allowed to "back in" to a parking spot after I saw about ten signs saying this too. Whatever. I probably won't stay here again. If you charge for dogs I'm going to let him pee in the grass and if you charge me half the rate I paid for the room for my dog, then not let him on the grass- rest assured that grass is going to get soiled by someone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Sorry, this time give you better room next time with manager special rated.