“sticky fingers/ disgusting rooms!!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Walla Walla, Washington
“sticky fingers/ disgusting rooms!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The room was disgusting sheets smelled horrible, and housekeeping has sticky fingers I left my daughters Innotab on the microwave left to go run some errands came back and noticed housekeeping had came and noticed her "my pad" aka Innotab was gone called front desk and was told to call back tomorrow?? REALLY!!! So upset!! I will never return!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2012

When we walked into our room, the curtains were closed and the ac was off. It was about 95 degrees in the room and it REAKED of cigarette smoke. The refridgerator doord was open and dirty towels were laying in to with hair on them. There was hair in the sink. The coffee pot had residue in it. There was a VERY dirty towel laying beside one of the beds on the floor. When trying to use the microwave, it started sparking. There was only 1 washcloth, 1 handtowel and 2 bath towels. DO NOT stay at this hotel. The floor was so dirty that we wouldn't take our shoes off. I wouldn't be surprised if there were bed bugs. When I complained to the manager and asked for a refund, he was very grouchy with me and said "I'll see what I can do".

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janelle K

Travellers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was an "Ok" place to stay. I thought the price was a bit high for what I got though. My room was in desperate need of a face lift and the carpet was stained. I looked under the bed and it was filthy! The bed was comfortable though and it looked like the sheets were clean. I let the front desk know my concerns but it seemed they didn't really care nor offered me a discount.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Msphoebe77
Vancouver
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I booked this hotel for a weekend based on its location and price. It wasn't till later that I read the reviews and had second throughts. But, my husband and I have always viewed hotels as just a place to sleep, and heck - we travel regularly to 3rd-world countries, so I figured we could handle it. And you know what? It was fine. A little worn, a little dated, some spots on the carpet, sure. But everything in the room was clean, worked properly and the bed was quite comfortable. Excellent water pressure in the shower, btw! We didn't take advantage of the fitness center or pool, so I can't comment on those, but the room itself was fine. We paid a bargain rate and we got a decent place to stay - not much to complain about there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tootfoot
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I booked a room for two nights for my anniversary and my birthday. The pictures looked real nice and I got the room for a screaming deal. When I got there I was surprised by the appearance of the front lobby, dirty and cluttery..nothing like the pictures. They have free WIFI, but you have to sit in the lobby to access it, not very convenient. I went to my room and was so disgusted by the carpet. There were stains from one wall to the other, not just a spot here and there but the entire carpet was one big stain. I refused to take my shoes off. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room because of the carpet. I was told, "it is just stained". But I got a different room and was a little happier. The carpets were clean. The shower head could not be adjusted, the water came out in a solid stream. It appears the coffee pot was not washed, just rinsed. I washed it out and it came clean. The next day our coffee and cups were not replenished. This hotel is in a great location. It needs someone to buy it and fix it up. It would be a great place if that happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clean carpets.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zappahey
DenaTurner, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for posting a review. Our guests tell us what we're doing right and what we we need to improve on. I'm sorry that the desk clerk didn't give you a better answer than "it's just a stain", as we have rooms that the carpet isn't stained in. In the future if you're in the area, please give us another try. Again, thank you for posting a review
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I am a frugle person and that is why I picked this place. I just wanting a place to sleep and nothing else, just because we were out with family the rest of the time. The new manager is still fixing up the property, but it seems to be a slow process. The pool and hot tub were clean ,but still not ready. The cont. breakfast was dismal (didn't bother). Only wifi in the lobby. No air cond. in the excerise room. The parking lot was a little sketchy. The pics they advertise with are not what the place looks like. All the vegitation was over grown, we couldnt see past our patio. Everything was old and rusty. We checked and told the lady at the office that a man was sleeping in a lawn chair on our patio ,she didn't seem phased by it at all. That was fine ,because we stayed our last night at La Quinta (much better).

Room Tip: wait until the up date everything.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wiley66
DenaTurner, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for writing a review. We have gotten the pool and hot tub up and running. We have also gotten the area cleaned up out by the pool area and hope that when in the area again, you will give us another chance. Again, thank you for writing a review, it tells us where we need to improve and what we are doing right.
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Someone else's hair was all over the floor in the bathroom. Had to keep the bathroom door open so it wasn't sweltering in there, but then you couldn't get in the back side of the bed. Bed was totally up against the wall and the other side was about a foot from the incredibly loud air conditioner. Tiniest room ever.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms. Mostly the view is of the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank FoodieWiner
DenaTurner, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for writing a review. We apopogize for not meeting your standards. We do have rooms that overlook the pool area and that are much bigger than the one you were in. Our guests tell us what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right, we always have room for improvement. We hope that if you are ever in the Walla Walla are again, you will come in and look at a different room and see the improvements we have made. Again, thank you for writing a review