“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Redmond, Washington
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the Marcus for two nights and we were exceptionally impressed with the service throughout our stay. Right from the minute we checked in the front desk Manager Jonathan Grant was one of the most welcoming, energetic and exceptionally professional managers I have come across. The room were charming, neat and comfortable. The location is ideal. Great hotel and value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Spokane, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

What ever may take you to Walla Walla.
Any reason is good except if you want to change it.
From the wholesomeness of its natural surroundings, to its education, agricultural and business roots.
Its people are kind and hard working.
The town is steeped in history and rich soil.
With the majesty of the Blue Mtns capped with snow lining the distant view.
To the sincerity of the local people.
The Marcus Whitman is a portal of hospitality for my wife and I and for the thousands of other fortunate travellers.
I will attempt to explain,
For myself, the reservations are easy. Jonathan has a fantastic staff.
As we check in and everything is ready. "It's always a person" you talk to.

You walk into the "Marcus" Any way you walk in , is beautiful. The lobby invites you to come in and start believing just a little, that quality, hospitality and the craftmanship of America is not lost.
I'd like to think its concentrated here.
If you like the hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, or the Davenport in Spokane.
The Marcus is for you.
We love the town, you walk and it is real. The stores are real and they are alive.
If you need to be entertained this is not your place. If you make your own day and you want a safe place and to be spoiled with fantastic flavors of life. DIg in. Have fun.

Key points.

Wine Destination spot. It caters to you. 100's of wineries. Maybe 1000's of vintners, spring summer fall for you folks.
Beer ... your in luck...

Aviation. Fly in, they pick you up. Nice airport.

Food. The town is full of East Coast and West Coast chefs..THEY WANT TO LIVE HERE!!! Fantastic. The restaurant or the town! Its pleasure of flavors are at every turn. James Beard chefs
Bakeries
French Restaurants
Choclatiers
Bistros
Breweries

Architecture...walk and enjoy.

Outdoor enthusiast...ask and you shall receive.

The Marcus Lounge. When was the last time you were treated like you had a personal bartender that makes your drink better than you can.

I treat myself to the "Marcus". I hope you get to enjoy it too.

Be nice, be polite, be thankful and be amazed at this little town.
I only touched a little bit of its goodness.

10+ nites in this hotel. . I hope you enjoy. MBL

Room Tip: The tower if you are a romantic or appreciate a little history. Suites are nice and comfortable. Gr...
Green Features: Been there 100 years. Whats more environmantally friendly than being a renovator of what you have.. It couldnt be duplicated without cutting down old growth or worse.. They kept and preserved the finest
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I would highly recommend The Marcus Whitman to ANYONE traveling to Walla Walla, no matter what the reason. It’s elegant, historic and the service is top notch. It is important, if possible, to stay in the main tower opposed to the West Wing. The West Wing is still very nice, just not the “true” Marcus Whitman experience. The food is great (FREE BREAKFAST, AND IT’S GOOD!!!).

The only negative (if you have kids) is no pool. It still gets FIVE stars from me.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT service!!

Travis Glendenning

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower.
Green Features: Good by my standards. But I can't say I'm an expert in the field. I know the conference center has an environmentally friendly focus, and like many hotels they give you the choice to reuse towels if you like...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Rooms nice, hotel is lovely and staff very helpful. The Marc is walking distance to a quaint downtown with good resturants and wine tasting venues. Also of note is the Gesa Power House theater. We went to a Bourbon St. Celebration of jazz groups, dancing and great fun. Actually made it up to midnight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Pendleton, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Took my boyfriend to the Marc' s chef's table for his birthday. It was a secret, my b\f thought we were going some place else for dinner. Jonathan Grant helped me plan and then made sure everything was just perfect in our room.. He went above and beyond to make it a success. Antonio Campolio and Dan McCaffrey out did themselves to make a great chef's table and the whole kitchen staff sang happy birthday to Sean when the birthday cake was served. The food was absolutely fantastic. And all the staff at the hotel kept the secret while we were there for the two nights. The Marcus Whitman Hotel is the perfect place to have a party or celebrate. And they always makes us feel like family when we stay with them.

Room Tip: If you have the time,a spa room is so relaxing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We ate dinner at the Marc on a Saturday night. It was very crowded, yet we had excellent service. The food was mouth watering, the scallops melted in my mouth. The wine connoisseur helped us chose the perfect wine to go with our meal, and then let us try out a few suggestions so we could chose exactly what we wanted. Definitely will go back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I left my purse (cash, credit cards, phone) hanging over a chair in the lounge. I realized it the next day and called. It had been found and sent to the front desk. They had tried everything they could think of a way to reach me (but, my phone was in my purse). EVERYTHING was still in my purse. I tried to figure out whom to tip, but the front desk folks said "that's our job" and didn't expect anything in return. The dinner and quality of service I had in the lounge that evening was exceptional (and I'm a foodie). To say the least, the service after the dinner was also exceptional.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends