Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Walla Walla(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
Courtyard Walla Walla(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
The Boyer House(Walla Walla)
1,794 results
All reviewswest wingchef's tablenew wingwine tastingvineyard loungeclassic hotelmonkey breadbreakfast buffetfront office managerhotel restaurantbeautiful historic hotelhomemade yogurttower suitebeautiful lobbyold world charmin townpotatoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is the first time I am writing a review. I have stayed at the Marcus Whitman Hotel a few times. I now look forward to visiting Walla Walla, WA. This quaint area has attracted many superb eateries largely due to the excellent wineries in the areal. If you enjoy good quality and attention to detail, then staying at the Whitman is a must!! From their 700 thread count sheets and house made cookies in the afternoon to the incredible dining experience, this is a hotel of excellence. Their breakfast bar is complimentary to hotel guests and consists of a house made yogurt with a fruit puree, house made sausage and apple wood bacon……I could go on. Service is attentive, common areas are spacious and beautiful. I highly recommend

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I had procured a stay at the Marcus Whitman at a charity event. We live here so we chose to use it as part of a "weekend away." I can tell you I was surprised, pleasantly.

I will spare you the bit about undervaluing our local talent but that is the basis of my surprise.

The staff were wonderful. They were pleasant, well trained and personable. People who you could talk to as well as ask for a solution to your problem. I found this to be true at all levels of the organization that I encountered.

Our room was on the 4th floor and was a Jacuzzi suite. I am a fan of higher, always but this was pleasant because Walla Walla has few buildings above 4 floors so there was still view to be had. We had two windows they opened enough for fresh air (and a problem I will go into later!) and were large enough scan around downtown a bit.

The room is kind of a mini-suite set up with a chair and sofa at one end of the room and the bed at the other. The room is divided by the Jacuzzi. I found this odd. The tub is massive! Great for two folks and you can enjoy the whole room from here including the TV if that is your thing. The tub controls were iffy for me as I was not sure exactly what I was controlling at any given time. Due to the size of the tub it takes a bit to fill and the same to empty.

The tub is mounted in white tile that ties into the bathroom décor but not into the beiges, red and greens of the room in which it sits. But that is just colors.

We had some time to kill before our dinner reservation so we kind of dozed on the couch with the TV on. The TV service the way it is set up is quite possibly the worst TV service I have ever encountered! I only mention this because you may be a business traveler who may want to use that. We found a movie and stuck to that. It was our only experience with the TV service.

After our dinner reservation we returned ot the room. The bed is very comfortable with quality pillows. We keep windows open at home all year long so we did that here. After a soak in hot water we were off to bed. Dreamy! We were out very quickly.

WHOOOSH!! We were awake. 30 minutes after we went to bed, probably a similar time since we turned off the tub it (the tub) roared back to life! It was empty so it's little spray holes were spitting water on me as I tried to find the right combination of button pushes to silence it for the night. I was victorious and that was the last we heard from the tub.

Soft, comfortable silence! Off to sleep. Very comfortable, quite slumber with wonderful pillows.

Ding...............ding, ding..DING, ding.......ding

I investigated. I was convinced there was a pipe clanging in the wall. I looked and looked. I recorded it on my iPad and sent it to maintenance with my suspicion and went back to bed. It continued but we found our way around it and finished a really nice night of sleep.

In the morning we were showered and up. Ready for the day or BREAKFAST! The spread they put out is well worth $30 or more for a couple. Cereals, and all the traditional fare presented in a beautiful restaurant, not flimsy plastic chairs and Formica tables...really nice. We gorged and fled!

On our return to the room my wife explored the dinging wall and found that it was the access panel to the tub. My desire to have an open window created airflow that made this service gallery part of the ventilation system. This door did not fit tight (then, based on the reaction I got form the maintenance staff I am sure it is snug as a bug now!) and the air moved it back and forth in the frame creating the noise. Probably nobody has every had the window open and the correct atmospherics to create the problem.

Overall I am proud to say this is the preeminent lodging destination in Walla Walla. I am proud of what they are doing and proud of how they handle problems when they are brought to them. You owe it to yourself to stay here, eat an amazing dinner downstairs (look for that review) and retire to your great big tub!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a beautiful hotel. We drove over from Portland for my partner's birthday, and the hotel was even better than described. The architecture is amazing. We walked in the back door, and saw a fire burning in the fireplace, next to a grand piano. The staff were very friendly, and a very good breakfast buffet is included in the price. We stayed in the historic tower & had a room on the 6th floor. There is a very comfortable sitting area with couch, 2 chairs, a writing desk & flat screen tv. Double doors lead to the bedroom. Plush robes, separate shower, nice period features, make the bathroom pop. I could live here! Very affordable in the winter-I don't know what the prices are during the peak of the season, so I would recommend definitely as a steal in the winter.

Room Tip: Stay in the historic tower
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Marcus Whitman Hotel is really beautiful with historical architecture. We loved the tea time with cookies and hot apple cider. The room was lovely and the king sized bed really cozy. The breakfast was incredible-homemade yogurt, bacon, eggs etc. Also the staff were really friendly. Both the ladies working at the breakfast and Jonathan Grant at the front desk were very helpful with tips about the town. Thank you very much for a great experience.

Room Tip: A king size bed was great!
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the Marcus for two nights and we were exceptionally impressed with the service throughout our stay. Right from the minute we checked in the front desk Manager Jonathan Grant was one of the most welcoming, energetic and exceptionally professional managers I have come across. The room were charming, neat and comfortable. The location is ideal. Great hotel and value.