Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Walla Walla(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
Courtyard Walla Walla(Walla Walla)
View Hotel
The Boyer House(Walla Walla)
1,794 results
All reviewswest wingchef's tablenew wingwine tastingvineyard loungeclassic hotelmonkey breadbreakfast buffetfront office managerhotel restaurantbeautiful historic hotelhomemade yogurttower suitebeautiful lobbyold world charmin townpotatoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

WE stayed two nights here and the staff was professional. On arrival my husband had ordered flowers ahead of time to be in the room on our arrival. They were not but the desk staff hurried to make it right and added a bottle of wine. The flowers lasted almost two weeks the duration of our trip. One complaint was that housekeeping hurried to make up the room and showed up while we were at breakfast. We normally would have left a tip before leaving for the day but not expecting that early of an arrival we weren't prepared. The room was only half done. The bed was unmade and the bathroom counters were not wiped most likely because we had left some items on the bed and hadn't tidied up the bathroom counter. Breakfast was wonderful but they outdid themselves at dinner.

Room Tip: I don't have a good tip for rooms not having seen any other. Our room was quiet but not sure what section it was in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Maybe I'm getting thriftier as I age. Next time I visit Walla Walla I will shop around and find a better deal. Our room was $190/night! for a king sized bed in a tired room in the 5 or 6 story annex of the old hotel. Yes this included a lavish buffet breakfast for two, but I ask myself, who needs it, really? Room was small, clean with fine bed.

Room Tip: ask for room away from elevators.
3  Thank NWroamer11
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our 2nd time to stay at the Marc, exceptional hotel in all ways. The staff really makes an effort to assure you have a perfect experience. Check-in was smooth, our room in perfect condition, the restaurant food and service excellent. The overall feeling in the hotel is warm and inviting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had been advised to request a room in the "old" hotel, and were glad we did. The room was clean and well equipped - okay, it had a corkscrew to go with the wine glasses :) And they welcomed my husband playing the grand piano in the lobby, something many other places don't allow. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old hotel
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I travelled to Walla Walla for a "get away" to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. What a grand time we had. We stayed at the Marcus Whitman Hotel which was first class ALL THE WAY. We were checked into the hotel by Jeremy and Erika who did a splendid job. I say that because upon arrival I requested a room in the "Tower". We had one reserved in the west wing which was fine, but I wanted something special and in spite of the" on the spot" request, Erika was able to book us into a wonderful room with a huge spa tub. In Jeremy's defense, I am sure he would have done the same, but being new on the job he hasn't yet learned all the tricks of the trade that Erika displayed. But clearly he will. Erika went out of her way to find us the splendid room we finally wound up with. Then upon Erika's suggestion and with extraordinary guidance from Valerie the Food Manager/lead server, we experienced the Chef's Table for our anniversary dinner. At first I wasn't going to do it. It's where the chef prepares a 4 or 5 (or more if desired) course meal just for you. Well between my husband & I we have a BUCKET load of food intolerances. We shared that with Valerie and she not only assured us that was not a problem she actually had us meet Executive Sous Chef Dean, who seemed completely unfazed (thankfully) by the list of food intolerances. He assured us as well, it wasn't a problem. So on the night of our anniversary dinner, Chef Dean designed and prepared an AMAZING and DELICIOUS dinner that was allergy free. What a joy!!!! The hotel believes in farm to table as much as possible which only added to the pure delight of this meal. Valerie paired each course with a delicious wine. The woman has a knack for such things and clearly Dean is a gifted chef. Last but not least, Troy (the pastry chef) created a gluten free dessert with strawberry mousse among other things. Again, delicious can't really capture how wonderful his dessert was. In conclusion, my husband and I were treated like royalty by every single staff person we encountered. All the people are sincere and passionate about what they do. If you haven't made plans to visit Walla Walla, consider putting it on your list. And staying at the Marcus Whitman Hotel is not only a must, it will be the highlight of your trip. Thanks to you all for a memorable and terrific time. j&scal

Room Tip: The west wing rooms are well appointed, but I definitely liked staying the "Tower" which is in the original building. Unless you get a room with a spa tub, I believe the other rooms only have showers. Being a huge bath person, the spa tub was well worth a few extra dollars.