My wife and I have cruised and eaten at some great resturants in our 37 years together. On Mother's Day, we we opted to have brunch at the Marc in Walla Walla. WOW! I'm going to be honest and say it was not the best we have ever had, but it was certainly equal to the best. The dining room and serving area were beautifully arranged and decorated with ice sculptures and flowers. The food was a fantastic selection from breakfast through dinner with an array that varied from eggs anyway, all the breakfast meats & varieties of potatoes, pastries with clotted cream, fresh fruit of every kind, succulent prime rib & ham..............but wait, there is more!
The seafood selection was outstanding. Fresh salmon and some of the best oysters I have ever had in my life.
The dessert array was killer. The Marc has a pasty duo that will put winter insulation on you in a heartbeat! From chocolate mousse to stawberry shortcake and everything in between in serving sizes that you can taste it all.
The real pleasure was the service, from the Hotel Manager that cordially greeted and checked on everyone to the wait staff that anticipated your every wish.
In a town the size of Walla Walla, the Marcus Whitman is a prize. I would put it up against the major hotels in any city!
My wife hopes for a repeat on Father's Day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 through a community labor of love, The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center - named "2015 Hotel of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - is a downtown Walla Walla landmark where history and luxury intertwine. The property was fully renovated in 2001 and restored to its original grandeur, while adding modern updates to provide a truly luxurious experience for today's traveler. The full grounds include a 133-room hotel with luxury suites, a state-of-the art conference center featuring grand renaissance ballrooms, six on-site wine tasting rooms, and the award-winning The Marc Restaurant - recently named "Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - and The Vineyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marcus Whitman Hotel Walla Walla
- Marcus Whitman Hotel And Conference Center
- Marcus Whitman Walla