“Close to airport”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Walla Walla, Washington
“Close to airport”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed in many Super 8 motels. This one is about average for a Super 8. The room was clean and quiet but the bed was hard. The carpets were quite stained in the halls and the lobby smells of cigarette smoke. It is close to the airport but not close to the downtown/shopping area. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about fleas (from reading other reviews) ask for a room on the 3rd floor. They...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The Super 8 website deceives people. You will think you know the prove off your room but when you arrive they tack on over ten percent in taxes. I am not happy being fooled like this and will not be staying at a Super 8 again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nozenji

Travellers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I frequently travel with my Wirehaired Griffon. Check-in was courteous and quick; they gave me a room on the second floor near the elevator and (thankfully) away from the freeway side of the hotel. The room appeared clean, but when I sat down on the bed I thought I felt bugs crawling/hopping on my skin (I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt). I am VERY susceptible to bug bites/fleas -- and am quite "hyper" about fleas/ticks at home as I have a hunting dog? I keep everything well vacuumed, my dog treated and bomb regularly.
I thought perhaps the crawling sensation was my imagination and let it go. I stayed there two nights, noticing the same phenomenon night 2 but again discounted it. I did notice that my dog had started scratching his ears and neck alot. As it turns out, the room was INFESTED. My house was fine before I left; within a day of getting home I have noticed multiple bites on my legs and body and I have had to fumigate and retreat my dog. I didn't stay anywhere else, and visited only my mother's home (she has no pets). I do not believe that being pet-friendly means you'll accept this kind of circumstance, and at $100 a night????? AGGGGH.

Room Tip: Ask when they last fumigated, and ask for a room away from elevators if you want to be able to sleep...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nothing stands out about this property. It meets the Super 8 standards, but certainly there is nothing special here. Located close to the airport and the highway on the far edge of town makes for easy access, but also means noise which I could hear in my room and there are no restaurants close by. There was an indoor pool that was open and guests were using it in the morning which I don't often see. Breakfast was marginal with mostly breads, cereal, waffles and a few apples. The layout is awkward if stairs are a problem as the front desk and breakfast are on a level that requires going up steps to reach them from the rooms below. For breakfast and checkout the guests in the lower rooms would have to go outside to reach either the front desk or breakfast (the accessible rooms are in the awkward area). For that reason I would not recommend this hotel for those needing an accessible room, particularly if you are in a wheelchair. There was a limited selection of TV channels-heavy on sports and movies. On the plus side the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo