“Travelodge hit HOMERUN with softball team”

Travelodge Walla Walla
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Portland, Oregon
“Travelodge hit HOMERUN with softball team”
Reviewed 23 July 2007

We were VERY leery staying here after reading the write-ups about the Travelodge posted before us on this site. However, things must have been fixed up A LOT since the last review or possibly they are under new management.

We just got back from a softball tournament in the Walla, Walla area. All together, we had about 10 rooms booked throughout the place. The location is great-it's on Main Street and is walking distance to the "downtown" shopping district of Walla, Walla. The pool is kinda cold but--the kids LOVED it! The breakfast consists of pre-packaged pastries and bananas/apples. Nothing too fancy, but still did the job and you CAN NOT beat the rate of around $53/night!

The rooms were in clean condition. The bed spreads/curtains looked new and the Air Conditioning Units rocked! We had our room set at about 60 degrees throughout our week long stay.

A couple things to think about if you stay: We did notice that some rooms are bigger than others, I would request a room with a balcony (they seem to be bigger). When we stayed, the highspeed internet was down, but the management was trying to get it fixed ASAP. If you must have Internet--I would call before booking.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 3 July 2007

In my room the carpet was so filthy that after 10 minutes of playing on the floor I picked up my baby to find that his little feet were almost black in places. After scrubbing his little feet clean I went on to find that there were no screens on the windows, the toilet was almost competely non-functional and the bathroom fan was broken. The layout to the room was ridiculous. You had to squeeze through a narrow spot between the bed and the wall to even reach the bathroom, and the thumping and yelling from outside and from upstairs went on till well after 1AM. The next morning I found that the shower floor was sticky, the paint on the shower ceiling was moldy and peeling, and the shower faucets were mysteriously slimy. The pillows were excessively thick and hard and very uncomfortable, plus mine came with a dead beetle. The "continental breakfast" was so poor that it's not worth mentioning. I've stayed at budget motels before and had very pleasant experiences. If you have the option, I'd recommend that you stay somewhre else.

• Liked — Sheets seemed clean
  • Disliked — Filthy carpets and bathroom, loud and broken toilet and fan
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Froggy24601

Travellers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We stayed at the Walla Walla Travelodge one night on our way moving out East from the west coast. The Walla Walla Travelodge was nondescript as a motel, and the desk staff was not pleasant. We chalked up the vague hostility to harried, underpaid misanthropy, but I think it might have been worse than that. When we got to our new home in Philadelphia we noticed that the Walla Walla Travelodge billed us for an extra night. We called them to straighten out the bill. They remained unpleasant and were moreover very uncooperative. They admitted they had it in their records that we were travelers "passing through" town, but they still insisted that they would billing us as if we were on a multiple-day holiday in Walla Walla anyway because we left our "room key in the room" when we left. It took many phone calls and much nasty wrangling before we could get our money back. If you stay here, be sure to take your room key to the front desk and get a receipt confirming your check out. And be sure to check your credit card statement.

• Liked — On the road through Walla Walla
  • Disliked — If they're not thieves, they're unpleasant.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank BlanchePoubelle
Seattle
Reviewed 18 September 2006

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. There was 3 in. of dirt & dust around the carpet edges. We wore socks on the carpet and they were black on the bottom after the first hour. The shower was totally moldy so we had to lay towels on the bottom to stand. There were blood splatters on the bathroom wall and all common areas like light switches, lamps, drawers were covered in greasy fingerprints. The breakfast was old fruit they pulled out of a dusty cubboard and packaged pastries already ripped open by someone else. It was so unbelievable that I took pictures. They have a 24 hr. cancelation policy so you're stuck.

• Liked — Good location on Main Street
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank Petunias
Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2006

While extremely clean, my room had a great many problems. The room was dark, dark, dark even with all the lights on, and one of the lamps would not work, nor would the radio. Immediately after moving my bags into the room on Saturday afternoon, I reported the non-working lamp to the desk. The desk worker tried to get it to work but couldn't and said she'd get help in about 10 minutes. It was 10:00 p.m. when a man called and asked if he could come over and fix the lamp. I told him it was too late, but I'd like it done first thing in the morning. The lamp was still non-working Sunday evening when I returned to the room after a day-long outing. About 9 p.m. a man called again and asked if he could come fix the light and this time I agreed. He did fix both the lamp and the radio by plugging them into different outlet after moving the bed. I feel the problems should have been takien care of right away, and at a decent hour.

The coffee setup was in the bathroom, which is normal for a lot of motels. Unfortunately, the bathroom had no outlet into which I could plug the coffee pot, and I had to move the "living" area furniture around in order to move a table close enough to acess an outlet. There was no wastebasket in the "living" part of the unit, only one in the bathroom.

The motel advertises wireless service, but it is an unsecure Travelodge network, unlike a secure Travelodge network I'd used at a different Travelodge the night before.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Inability to correct problems swiftly; bad planning in the unit itself.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay there unless it's the last room in town.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank Rowsby_Woof
Walla Walla
Reviewed 9 November 2005

Dirty rooms, horrible service and what breakfast? They advertise it, but it doesn't exist. Save yourself $65 plus bucks and go somewhere else for sure.
Most appalling decoration: a metal grate thing hanging between the room and the bathroom ... don't know if they were trying to go with the Prison theme (State Pen in Walla Walla), but it was so ugly and depressing).

3 Thank WallyWorld