“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
London
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were warmly welcomed and checked in quickly. The rooms are large, the beds comfortable, and there was no noise from other rooms or guests. Our room had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is outside the central district, but is a quick taxi journey or 45 minute walk if you want to explore a little. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hillsboro, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If it is important that you have a fridge/microwave in your room, do not book on line. Call the hotel and make sure that you get the reservation that you think you are getting. We arrived late at night, checked into our 2 queen bed room and when we got there we found that there was no fridge/microwave. I immediately called the front desk and was informed that the Hilton website markets the rooms as if they have these amenities but not all rooms do. Unfortunately, the hotel was full so we were forced to ice down our food items. We were told that there was a chance that the next morning we could get one of the "no show" rooms with those amenities if we could manage with a king size bed. My daughter and I decided the fridge/microwave was more important so when we were told we could change rooms the following morning, we did. I appreciate the situation that they are in, where Hilton markets the room, but if they are going to be an affliate, they should do what is needed to meet what is advertised. They were friendly and helpful and gave each of us a $5 Starbucks card for coffee to help make up for the inconvenience. The rooms were clean and comfortable---

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very comfortable and clean with good size rooms.The hotel is at least 6 years old but the maintenance is obviously very good. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They made excellent dining recommendations. There is a very nice lounge area with plenty of seating. Though they had a cheese omelet available I would skip the breakfast unless you only want sugar and carbohydrates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a mini-family reunion over the 4th of July weekend and all eight family members stayed here for three nights.

We liked just about everything at this property. The staff on all shifts were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was in the top 20% of included buffets that I've had over 45 plus years of travel. The pool and hot tube were clean and comfortable. The rooms were likewise.

For pricing in the under $125.00 range, we were very pleased and would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Walla Walla, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice Hotel, Family friendly and in good location. This hotel was very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to stay in Walla Walla. I enjoy this place there nothing I would change people very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had booked a room at this hotel with guaranteed late arrival, but when I arrived at midnight I was told they had overbooked and instead would put me up free of charge at a Super 8 Motel on the other side of town. Wow!

I know overbooking has become a common practice among large hotel chains... and I deplore the practice. If I don't show I get charged for it, full price for an "empty" room, but if they don't have a room I am out on the street. If this hotel's claim was accurate I was lucky to not have had an hour drive back to Pasco and a hotel there. Instead they put me in arguably the worst hotel in town. But it was free... shouldn't I be grateful?

In fact, if we consumers don't complain loudly and often over the inequity of this shoddy business practice we will all become its victims eventually. It seems to me the fact that they may overbook and then charge for no-shows is probably even a fraudulent practice as occasionally they collect double for the same room at a hapless customer's expense.

You should avoid this hotel along with other Hilton brand hotels and chose a property that chooses to treat its customers fairly and with respect.

Room Tip: Help out your fellow travelers and avoid any hotel with a history of overbooking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DougStevens228
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Based on the standardization of the brand, it took a lot for me to bring this down to 2 stars. Especially since I live in these places.
1. Two of the desk people were very sweet and pleasant. The one that worked the night of the 25th of July was horrible. Rude and unhelpful to the worst degree. She ignored a little 4 foot tall old woman for over 5 minutes as she spoke on the phone with a friend. Then she told me to look up restaurants on the internet for suggestions.
2. The cleaning crews really like to bang things around. I had to work from my room and had to listen to bashing on the floor above, the walls next and on my door despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign.
3. The worst breakfast setup of any Hampton yet. Slimy pineapple! Lumpy oatmeal. Out of date yogurt.
Really a downer that will force me to fore go Hilton points on the next trip and try the Red Lion or Holiday Inn. I left a note for the manager and was never contacted.
In addition, the location is very odd and inconvenient forcing you to drive for anything and everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business