Walla Faces Inn at the Vineyard
Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
Best Western Plus Walla Walla Suites Inn(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$123
Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$96
Hotels.com
US$65
US$62
Quality Inn & Suites(Walla Walla)
US$81
QualityInn
Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$182
Courtyard Walla Walla(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$182
Walla Walla Garden Motel(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$80
Capri Motel(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$67
Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center(Walla Walla)(Great Value!)
US$233
getaroom.com
All reviewspool suiteguest houserolling hillshuge bathroomblue skiesin townglass of winestayed longerthought of everythingbeautiful propertywonderful weekenddebbierickprivacyrefrigeratorvinoaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife & I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary by traveling to Walla Walla & staying at the Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard. Our 2-night stay was very relaxing & very romantic. Our own "house" sat on the edge of owner Rick & Debbie's 10 acre vineyard with a 180 degree + territorial view. Welcoming us in our well-equipped kitchen was a 2009 bottle of Walla Faces syrah made from grapes grown on the premises- fantastic! We enjoyed the privacy of our place, plus the added bonus of making new acquaintances who shared the pool deck with us. The town of Walla Walla is a short drive from the Inn & offers a great selection of shops, wine-tasting rooms, and restaurants. We had a great time & will definitely return to stay with Rick & Debbie!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
WWInns, Owner at Walla Faces Inn at the Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at the Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard - and for spending your celebration with us! We're delighted you enjoyed your time in the Guest House. It is a special place! Plus, the pool is always a nice place to mingle with other guests and chat about your experiences in our "cute" little town! Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future! Debbie & Rick

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Classic case of overpromising and underdelivering.

Weird screen in bathroom--almost looks like a one way mirror.

Odors from caretakers' residence in our room's hvac system

Seemed to share hot water with the caretakers' residence.

Refrigerator next to toilet

Soft lumpy bed had a slant in the pillow top which bunched up and gave the feeling that you were going to slide off bed.

Dirty wine glasses left for re use.

Dirty spoons wiped down and put in glass for re use. Still had food debris on them. Made us wonder if the spoons had only been wiped down from previous occupant.

Hole in bath mat.

Had to ask for additional soap because with one bar we had to carry it from the shower to the sink.

Had to repeat request to change light bulb in ceiling fixture.

No facility for ice.

At 5pm had to request bath towels.

Debris on shower floor still present after cleaning.

There was no hot water for tea in the morning. When I asked for hot water for tea I was told to use the small coffee pot for hot water. Any tea drinker knows that hot water run through a coffee pot results in an unacceptable taste.

We were given a designated spot to park but the Staff parked in that spot.

Pool had mold around edges and at bottom.

Room names are for owner's convenience. We were in Mt. West which suggested we would have views of the mountains to the west.

Felt like stoop sitters. The owners/operators have lost the opportunity to bring guests together in common outdoor area.

Room Tip: Choose another property
3  Thank davidhgill
WWInns, Owner at Walla Faces Inn at the Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Mr. Gill, I am sorry you were unhappy with your accommodations. I responded to your long list of list of “issues” that you called with on the morning of day two. I personally provided you with new, freshly washed wine glasses, freshly washed spoons, additional soaps, towels and ice.

We replaced the light bulb in your ceiling fixture that burned out during your stay. As Rick explained to you, it took a day to replace, as it was a specialty bulb that had to be special ordered and picked up at Home Depot the next day. Walla Walla is a small town and supplies are not always in stock, the way they are in a larger town store. However, I would like to point out that even though the fan light bulb was burned-out there was still plenty of light in this small room. In this room are two bedside lamps (each lamp has a three-way 150W bulb), and two wall sconces (each sconce has a 100W halogen bulb).

I will point out that we have no plans to re-plumb our Inn so each room has its own hot water heater. We are a small Inn in a building that was originally built as a single family home. I might add that our personal living area in the upstairs part of the main house and the Guest House do have different mechanical and plumbing systems.

I talked to our staff about your complaint of not getting room service. They assured me the reason your room was not serviced on that day was that you had left the Do Not Disturb sign on your door. In fact one staff member said that when you saw her working, you actually put the sign out then! Our staff members have been with us for many years and they know the processes we use. We do not “wipe out” any glasses/spoons…everything goes through a dishwasher. We have several sets and they are replaced each day.

The Mt. West is a small room. We have attempted to make this clear with both a detailed description on our website, and many, many pictures. I am sorry if that was unclear when you made your reservation, as the other three rooms were available for you to select. The Mt. West is also the least expensive room at the Vineyard, correlating to the size. I will relook at the description and attempt to make it clearer that this room is small.

In addition, I am very sorry that you felt like a “stoop sitter”. Many people do enjoy sitting on the covered porches overlooking the vineyard, and yes, the room is on the west side of the house, with beautiful rolling wheat covered hillsides and sunset views. The area around the pool is most certainly a common area for guests to mingle should they choose to do so. I believe you had an opportunity to experience that area of the Inn.

On a personal note, I tried on three separate occasions to have conversation with you and your traveling companion, and you both avoided my attempts. That is fine – I completely understand when people want to be private. But, I’m sorry that you were not comfortable here, and thought of me as the “caretaker”. I am, no doubt a “caretaker”, but as the owner, am most aware of our guests needs! There is no one more delighted when guests are happy than Rick and I. We both, and our entire team, attempt daily to please every single guest who selects to stay with us!

Again, I am sorry you were unhappy with our facility. Fortunately, most people who visit the community and stay at Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard have a different opinion. Most sincerely, Debbie & Rick Johnson, Owners

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was our first trip to Walla Walla, so we didn't know what to expect, but we were thrilled with both the area and with Faces Inn. The vineyard is 7 miles out of town, a patch of green surrounded by beautiful rolling golden hills, and is quiet and peaceful. There are other vineyards nearby to visit, including many in the airport district, and getting downtown was quick and easy.

Our suite (the pool suite) was stunning, with a beautiful walk-in shower. The suite had a private entrance, and we were e-mailed an access code prior to arriving, so the whole experience was easy and seamless. I'd been recently obsessed with Washington State syrahs, so we were thrilled to be greeted by a complimentary bottle of their syrah, and I thought it (the Caroline) was top notch.

Our only regret was staying for only 2 nights. We'd definitely go back there again, but for a longer stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're so glad you enjoyed your time at the Pool Suite -- it is a special room I think...large with lots of windows! We love how the vineyard just pops around the wheat fields...it is quite a contract of colors right now...and actually until after harvest when the leaves of the grape plants turn orange and gold. A beautiful time of year with lots of action going on with picking those 10,000 plants creating tons of grapes! We love every minute of it! Hope you can join us soon to experience it all! Cheers! Debbie & Rick Johnson

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We booked this as a romantic anniversary trip and were thrilled with the property. From the minute you see it driving up 12 until you arrive in your room! The rooms are generous in size, have every amenity, a super clean, and the bad was so comfortable. We booked the guest house so we would have a private hot tub. We highly recommend staying here and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for your kind words! We do try hard to make everything perfect for our guests! I will pass your review over to our housekeeping team...they are a wonderful group of women who have worked with us for several years! We look forward to welcoming you back again! Cheers! Debbie & Rick Johnson

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is our 2nd stay at the Vineyard and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Immaculate rooms with beautiful furnishings and very plush bedding. It's a great and quiet atmosphere for a couple. Highly recommend it and we will stay again on our next trip to Walla Walla.
Jake and Shauna
Duvall, WA

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different rooms and they were both great. I don't think you can go wrong here.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you both for taking the time to write your fantastic review! It is sincerely appreciated! I do find it interesting that a little more than 30% of our guests are return guests! And some, come every single year....it's like having friends come to visit after a few years, I will say! Hope to see you again soon! Debbie & Rick Johnson