“Nice and clean - remodel in progress”

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A very nice and clean hotel! I saw signs that they were remodeling, but it was not visible or messy.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was better than a continental, but very consistent with what you will find at other Holiday Inn hotels

Rooms were nicely furnished and good size. Most important is the comfortable beds! That will " make or break" a stay for me.

I will be returning to this location again!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side away from the highway. I did not hear any road noise, but the view i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Expedia had erroneously booked us for the wrong weekend at this hotel, and would not help us get it corrected. The front desk staff and the general manager of this HEI were extremely helpful in getting us booked for the correct weekend. The room was clean, quiet, and well appointed, and we had a wonderful breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The friendly and attentive associates at this HIE made our ten day stay a real pleasure! I had several items delivered to the hotel and all were followed with an immediate call to my room to inform me of their arrival.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My parents and I were in town for a wedding, after the first night my Dad had a medical emergency and went to the hospital the next morning. After explaining the situation to the front desk personnel, we were not charged for the second night as it was a busy weekend and they were able to re-sell the room. This was so appreciated,and not expected. All this occurs after a quiet night, (no hallway noise), a very comfortable bed, and a large room with lots of space. I liked the refrigerator that had a useful large counter above it. The other thing that also made life easier was plenty of outlets that are at the bottom of the desk lamps. It's great not to have to get on your hands and knees to find one behind a desk. This is my first review on tripadvisor, and I wanted to let the staff and fellow travelers know how pleased my family was.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Wifi was terrible. After complaining a couple of times, they reduced my room rate. Staff was very courteous. Breakfast was the usual fare. Powdered eggs. They are refurbishing this facility. Have stayed there several times. Wasn't too bad other than the wifi issues.

Room Tip: Wifi was terrible. They could not resolve so discounted our room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is a good solid hotel on the edge of town with comfortable rooms and a great breakfast. They called it continental, but they had all kinds of goodies like eggs, ham/sausage, pancakes, etc. They even had cookies waiting every night in the lobby at 7 (food is near and dear to our hearts). The staff was very friendly as well and Walla Walla on the whole was a beautiful place to spend the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stopped on our journey for a day of wine tasting in Walla Walla. The hotel is perfectly situated for this activity. The hotel itself was really nice - great breakfast, nice staff. The only reason this hotel did not receive a 5 rating is that when we left for a day of wine tasting, my husband held the door to our room open while I grabbed the do not disturb sign off the door and returned it to the inside of our room so that our room would be serviced while we were out. However, when we came back at the end of the day, we saw that the do not disturb sign had been moved to the outside of our door again. I started to say to my husband that I remembered moving that sign to the inside of our room when we left as he said to me that he remembered holding the door while I moved the sign. Of course, when we opened our door we saw that our room had never been serviced. It wasn't difficult to determine why that signed was moved...one less room to clean.

In the morning, I grabbed fresh towels and shampoo of the cart in the hallway and we were fine. Just a bit disappointed at the tactic.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple