“Great Improvement”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Bozeman, Montana
“Great Improvement”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This used to be my hotel of choice in Walla Walla. The hotel went into decline and I started using other properties in Walla Walla. On my last trip to Walla Walla I was unable to secure reservations at the other places in Walla Walla that I would normally stay. I was in for a pleasant surprise. There had been upgrades and refurbishing of the rooms.The rooms were much cleaner and the beds were very comfortable and vastly improved. The staff went the extra mile in making my stay comfortable and stress free. On the morning I was leaving at 5:00 am the front desk clerk found out and had a continental breakfast ready for me. The stay was quiet, very clean, comfortable and stress free. The free breakfast while not outstanding was good with a lot of choices and fresh. I will be returning to the Holiday Inn Express again.

Room Tip: If you need something or forget something ask the front desk or hostess in the buffet and they will...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank James J
tluthi_gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
We are so happy we got the opportunity to have you stay with us again. We have been working hard over the past couple of years, with more renovations to come. Our guest's are important to us and we are happy to hear that shows.
I have exciting news about our continental breakfast. The menu is expanding, with new items to coming soon.
We hope that next time your in Walla Walla that we have the privilege of having you stay with us again at the Holiday Inn Express - Walla Walla.

Terra Luthi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Within 10 to 15 minuets max, a very large bowl with lid was stolen from room 303 refrigerator. Response from manager, whom did not call me back personally, was they would discount the cost of the bowl. So far I am unable to replace a comparable bowl but the point is it was stolen out from under our nose. The maids stood around " we saw nothing". I have been unable to get the hotel owners phone number to inform him how this was handled. The receptionists did their job. I can not say that for the manager. It is not the bowl but the stolen issue. Room 303 guests on October 5, 2013. I will not stay there again and inform the wedding party of the issue.

Room Tip: room clean and ok, service not ok
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracy R
tluthi_gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Please know that we, the management team have tried to contact you to discuss the situation and were unable to reach you. The Front Desk notified me on the day of your departure and I believe that communication had been passed onto you. Customer Service is very important to us and I am sorry you did not feel that you had received that care.

Terra Luthi
prescott,arizona
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have stayed here many times- most recently a year ago- and it remains our favorite place to stay in Walla Walla. We think location is good, quiet, rooms comfortable, good beds, spotless room and bathroom. Breakfast is better than average. Staff generally friendly and helpful- only comment would be about a somewhat tense person at front desk who seemed rattled at our request to change floors, but rapidly settled down. A bit pricey on weekends, but then what isn't in WaWaWa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
hood river, oregon
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. My room was quiet but when the guests arrived late in the room next to mine, I could clearly hear them speaking (and loudly blowing their nose!). Fortunately, they didn't stay up or it would have been a concern. The breakfast was okay the next day. They feature little warm cinnamon rolls but they weren't any and they didn't seem to be offering anymore even though it was only 8:30am. There are other hotels that are closer to the downtown and restaurants. This one is a long walk so you need a car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our stay here was excellent for almost every way... with two exceptions.

1. The building's HVAC air intake made noise in our room (#127). I'm not a light sleeper, but I took notice. It would disturb some.
2. (Believe it or not) the toilet seat is small/short. I'm only 5'6" and it was almost too small for me.

Everything else gets an A- grade. A good value.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the air intake ducts in the hallway.
Covington, WA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a very nice, clean Holiday Inn just off the freeway in Walla Walla. We stayed there during the Pendleton Roundup Weekend and found it to have comfortable beds, well-appointed rooms with a very nice breakfast each morning. It's not far from downtown where there are many wine tasting rooms and good restaurants to enjoy.

1 Thank WhimseaCovington_WA
Oregon
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a fine motel, much like other Holiday Inn Express motels. It is located about a mile west of the city center, where one can enjoy the benefits of the wine boom in this area, with lots of tasting rooms and some excellent restaurants. Our room had most of the features one expects in motels like this, including decent beds and linens, refrigerator, microwave, Wi-FI, and HD-TV. The mattresses were a bit soft, but comfortable enough. The breakfast was adequate; nothing special. We thought our room price was high, compared to other H.I. Express motels.