“Great Place, reasonable rate”

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My 2 year old and I stayed 4 nights and it was great. The staff was very accomodating and went out of their way to allow us to check in earlier than usual. We had been flying/driving for about 8 hours and my son was more than ready to take a nap, so it was really nice to have early access to the room. My Mom rented a room as well and they were nice enough to have both of them ready for early check-in. The hotel is clean and well equipped with a great location and a lot of breakfast options in the morning, although the pancake printer was out of order after our first day :( I have only 1 gripe, other than pancake printer malfunction; our room had a shower and no tub. The shower was glorious and I wish I could have the same at home but it terrified my toddler. Thankfully we were visiting family and we were able to use their tub. I really liked having a microwave and fridge in the room. The room was generously sized and the bed was comfy. It was less than 10 minutes from anywhere I wanted to be in either Walla Walla or College Place. I have stayed at several hotels in Walla Walla and all of them seemed damp, I didn't experience that here and my sinuses are grateful! All around it was a great stay and will definitely stay there in the future.

Room Tip: If you need a tub rather than a shower only, make sure you specify.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed two days and enjoyed our stay. Just one block off of Highway 12 west of town. Close to Old Highway12 wineries, Whitman Mission, and Fort Walla Walla museum. Just minutes from downtown. Room clean, comfortable with the amenities you would expect. Great breakfast that even included hot, fresh cinnamon rolls. i prefer a firm bed so my only complaint was the very soft bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is located a minute from Rt 12, and a few minutes from downtown/historic Walla Walla and a few minutes from several wineries, there is lots of free parking in front of the hotel. Upon check in, we were upgraded to a larger room and told about the complimentary breakfast (6am - 9:30am, served in a dedicated area in the lobby) and cookies and milk served each evening at 7pm. As we made our way to our room, we immediately realized the hotel has been recently renovated - it appears brand new. Our room is very large, two super comfortable queen beds with four pillows each, a small frig, microwave, coffee maker in a cabinet/counter area, a full-sized ironing board and iron, a newly renovated bathroom, upholstered chair and foot rest, a small desk and desk chair, and a large flat screened TV and console. There is a small gym, pool and hot tub on the first floor of the hotel along with coin-operated washers and dryers. Super nice hotel, great customer service and great price.

Room Tip: Become an IGH member, get free upgraded rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PerpetualMovement
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I love it when I get to a destination early (not intentionally) and they don't give you a bad time about checking in early. In my way of thinking, if they have a room available after 1 p.m., they should give it to you; especially if you have just covered 250 miles. They did just that. We wanted to get to some of the wineries before they closed and they made it easier by letting us drop off our stuff and freshen up a bit. The room was good sized, with frig, microwave, good TV, coffee maker. They had cookies and milk at 7 p.m., which I thought was great, especially for kids (and my husband). The breakfast in the morning was pretty good. They had meats, eggs, waffles, breads and fruits and all the rest. Not bad for the free breakfast. We had a room on the second floor, away from the elevator and it was quiet. There are really no views, so it isn't an issue. The property is located just west of town right off the highway. Easy to find. I thought they did a nice job here. It is not the Four Seasons, but it is a good middle priced clean hotel.

Room Tip: There is an elevator in the middle of the property. As always, ask to have a room down a bit from t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This 3 story hotel is right on the edge of town so walking to cafes and stores in downtown is a no go...but there is a good restaurant and a nice espresso coffee shop right in the parking area! This hotel accepts pets, has an elevator and the most important, IT IS Quiet! So we had a great nights sleep on a comfy bed. This hotel is only 40 miles from Pendleton so we drove over there for dinner. Our room did not have a bath but the shower was very large and nice. They serve breakfast until 10 am but when we went down for coffee at 9:55 they were out of coffee! For the price a nice hotel. Also wineries are all around the surrounding area. One issue was we did have a 7 minute wait to check in. One hotel clerk at 3 pm?

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are super quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 3 days at hotel just off freeway in Walla Walla. Though on the edge of town getting downtown and other locations such as colleges and parks is very quick. Hotel just finishing up remodel and rooms were very nice. Ours had comfortable king size bed, refrigerator and small counter, coffee maker, sitting chair. Very roomy. Loved the electric outlets in the lamps for plugging electronics into. Breakfast available. Coffee shop and restaurant nearby but didn't go to either. Employees all were very nice. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Based on other reviews read before our visit, I was wary of their remodelling work. However during our stay, we did not experience any of the noise or discomfort from the remodelling.

We had an executive king room on the south side of the building.

The remodelling included new carpet in the hallway and stairways. Our room had a modern bathroom with a tiled stand up-only shower and glass door and wall instead of the usual shower curtain. The shower head is mounted high--like over six feet off the shower floor with a nice rain-like shower head. The rest of the room was clean and did not have any annoying odors.

There is a small approximately three cubic foot in-room refrigerator with a small freezer area above the chiller coils. There is also a small microwave and drip coffeemaker.

Our room included a sleeper sofa in the middle of the room, and a king-size bed towards the back of the room towards the window. The sleeper sofa and king-size bed each face their own flat-screen TV's.

The rooms were very quiet. Except for a few bumps here and there, we did not hear our neighboring rooms nor the floor above us.

A light breakfast is served every morning, consisting of several hot items including gravy and biscuit, scrambled eggs, and turkey sausage and bacon. They have a cute little machine that makes pancakes on demand. There is also an assortment of bagels and sliced bread, as well as cinnamon rolls. Dry cereals and seasonal whole fruits round out the breakfast. Cold items include an assortment of juices, milk, and hard-boiled eggs. Food quality is okay. It was a little quirky to see a staff member cutting open a bag of scrambled eggs in the back prep room.

Quirks: The air conditioner in our room was located right next to the king-size bed and when it cycled on, it would jolt me awake. During our stay, it developed an annoying rattle when the compressor turned on.

The maid service was good--except when it came to the number and type of towels. I expect all towels to be replaced when the room is serviced, The bath mat was changed daily, but the number and type of towels varied from day-to-day. One day two used hand towels were not changed, but the bath towels were changed. Another day, a bath towel was not changed, and we ended up short a hand towel.

Overall, the rest of the staff were friendly and courteous. As someone noticed, the staff can multitask; the same woman who helped stock the breakfast service also checked me out of my room later that morning.

Overall a decent place to stay, and a convenient location just off of Hwy 12. It's about 1.6 miles from the hotel to downtown Walla Walla.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family