“Great Continental Breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for a night a couple nights ago with my boyfriend and really enjoyed the entire experience. Pietune was great with her check-in greeting and was really sweet. The manager was super friendly too. They even gave me a free map for the wine in Walla Walla! After a wonderful day of exploring Walla Walla, we turned in to our quiet room on the second floor which was at the perfect temperature. We woke up the next morning fully rested and decided to go to the complimentary breakfast which was absolutely wonderful! The cinnamon rolls were especially amazing. The girl and boy who ran the area in the morning also were good at the front desk- which says that the staff can handle themselves wherever needed. Excellently run Holiday Inn; the best I've stayed at so far!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the second floor are super quiet.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

At first glance you might think staying at the Holiday Inn Express is not going to be a 5 star experience because it is part of a big chain Wrong. Here's why the Holiday Inn Express in Walla Walla, WA gets my vote:

1/Service is the bread and butter of the travel and tourism industry and these guys really get it. Heather Mercado and Phaythoune Phouamkha -- who were staffing the front desk when I walked in -- went WAY above and beyond the call of duty!! They called or checked online with MULTIPLE car rental agencies, airport transportation companies, the bus service and the United to ensure that my husband would have a car waiting for him when he arrived in Pasco and to ensure that someone at the rental place would actually stay later to make sure he got a car and could get to me in Walla Walla. It was a really stressful day of traveling for him and their persistent and creative efforts to help me make the end of an awful day a success for him were awesome. They understand that the customer matters and want you to come back so they do what is needed to make your life easier.

2/The rooms are spacious, recently redecorated and comfy;

3/This hotel offers service that make it a great value for the money.

4/The location is great for exploring Walla Walla and the many nearby wineries.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'm getting sold on HIE. Great beds, and that's why we go them them. Nothing worse that a hard as rock bed. And the place was very clean. Hey, I think I'll give them a 4 star! Nice staff too as they smiled and seemed happy. The young gal minding the breakfast was especially nice, and although we were late, she accommodated us. I think she ought to get a raise.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have generally been impressed with Holiday Inn Express hotels, and this one was no exception. It offers a good base for wine tasting in the Walla Walla region.
Though sequestered in a bit of a rough-looking area, the hotel itself is clean, comfortable, and friendly. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. Breakfast was good...and free!
One gripe: the fitness center is VERY limited in what it offers, and the lone treadmill was broken.
Still, I paid about $115 a night during the July 4 weekend through Hotwire, and felt it was money well spent!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Everything perfect-check-in, room, breakfast, etc. Very attentive staff. We could tell this a very well run HIE. We have been to many hotels around the country and can tell when the details are paid attn to from room setup to precise caulking in the bath, makes a difference.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My 2 year old and I stayed 4 nights and it was great. The staff was very accomodating and went out of their way to allow us to check in earlier than usual. We had been flying/driving for about 8 hours and my son was more than ready to take a nap, so it was really nice to have early access to the room. My Mom rented a room as well and they were nice enough to have both of them ready for early check-in. The hotel is clean and well equipped with a great location and a lot of breakfast options in the morning, although the pancake printer was out of order after our first day :( I have only 1 gripe, other than pancake printer malfunction; our room had a shower and no tub. The shower was glorious and I wish I could have the same at home but it terrified my toddler. Thankfully we were visiting family and we were able to use their tub. I really liked having a microwave and fridge in the room. The room was generously sized and the bed was comfy. It was less than 10 minutes from anywhere I wanted to be in either Walla Walla or College Place. I have stayed at several hotels in Walla Walla and all of them seemed damp, I didn't experience that here and my sinuses are grateful! All around it was a great stay and will definitely stay there in the future.

Room Tip: If you need a tub rather than a shower only, make sure you specify.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed two days and enjoyed our stay. Just one block off of Highway 12 west of town. Close to Old Highway12 wineries, Whitman Mission, and Fort Walla Walla museum. Just minutes from downtown. Room clean, comfortable with the amenities you would expect. Great breakfast that even included hot, fresh cinnamon rolls. i prefer a firm bed so my only complaint was the very soft bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple