“Great pizza & beer but be prepared to order at the counter”

Sweet Basil Pizzeria
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Great pizza & beer but be prepared to order at the counter”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I recently had dinner at this pizzeria based on good reviews here. The restaurant is not what I expected. I did not expect to order at the counter or to see pre-made pizzas sold by the slice. I figured it would be a traditional sit-down restaurant. Nope. If you order a full pie, either small or large, as my husband did, it is made to order, but if you order slices, it will be reheated. You order drinks (we got a pitcher of beer) and pay at a second station. I paid with a credit card and on the screen, I had to choose a tip amount -- this before we'd even sat down or had any idea what the service would be like. I am not a fan of this...tips are supposed to be based on the service received, not determined by precognition. The tip amounts were given for 15%, 20%, and 25% (plus no tip or enter your own). 25% for a place where you order at the counter...crazy! I tipped 15%.

Now the good: the salads and pizzas were delicious! I ordered two slices of the potato w/bacon and scallions, and my husband ordered a small Greek -- both yummy. Salads were also good, and I especially liked the ranch dressing, which tasted homemade. All our food was brought to our table and service was friendly (as were the folks at the counter who took our order). However, the dining room was noisy and lacked atmosphere, and there was at least one fly buzzing around our table. So, kind of a mixed bag. Would we go back? Yes...based on the food and now that we know what to expect.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank emilys7

Waitsburg, Washington
“Delicious handcrafted pizza”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Unique pizzas made with quality ingredients. A favorite to pickup for company lunches, to take home or to enjoy there, either by the pizza or by the slice. They also serve local wines, which is nice.

• Visited June 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“Great Place for a Quick Bite!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ate here twice on our recent trip to wine taste in Walla Walla and really enjoyed it! Both times we ordered some slices and they were really tasty after a day of wine tasting! We had the pepperoni, margherita, Luau, gorgonzola/potato, and the Italian and salads. Ingredients were high quality, the service was great, and the price was right. Loved the thin crust and saw some of the full size pies (18inch, you don't see those often anymore!), which looked fabulous. Would definitely dine here again when we are in Walla Walla.

• Visited July 2014
“After party pizza”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For our daughter's wedding. Even rewarmed after midnight this crust was amazing. Had made an in-house visit earlier in the year, but at our June event the bridal party rallied after late night pizza from Sweet Basil. Stephanie and her crew have done it again!

Visited June 2014
Blaine, Washington
“Great pizza with a little spice”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

There are so many restaurants to choose from in downtown Walla Walla, but we were looking for something toddler friendly. This was the right choice. The pizza was very good with a little bit of a spicy sauce. They were pretty busy, but got customers in and out. They also do a huge volume of pizza by the slice.

Visited June 2014