“Huge menu, food is good, staff....apathetic and unprofessional” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Sterling's
Cuisines: American
Walla Walla, Washington
“Huge menu, food is good, staff....apathetic and unprofessional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My boys and I meet ofr lunch once a week. Sterling's has been open for a while and I had never been. The boys had and they thought it was a good choice so it was our selection of the week.

the restaurant and comfortable. It does, however, feel like it is teetering. Like it could go to unkept really quickly. But today it was good.

The menu is expansive and comprehensive. Everybody should be able to find what they want to eat if the whole gang came here. Sterling's is one of only 2 salad bars left in Walla Walla, to my knowledge. I did not get a chance to go look at it but I am told it is well executed. I may have to try that next time, there will probably be a next time.

Our waitress was my only problem. everything took too long. When she did appear she seemed to be taking notes. she had a pad and a pen. It seemed like she was paying attention too, but she probably wasn't. Every order she brought to the table required us to, again, tell her where it went. Our dirnk order was actualy pretty quick but even that she had to be told where things went. Before you jump to her defense there were only 4 of us and I was drinking water so had no drink order. The restaurant was not particularly busy on this Friday afternoon either.

Our food order was mostly correct, except for any special requesrts we made. All of our orders came "off the menu" instead of any alterations we had asked for. You know like, on the side type orders, or burgers without onions. These requests were ignored.

Not only that but most of the staff I could see just did not look tidy(?)...I am lacking the skills to describe without a gross generalization. The wait staff all looked like they had a pipe to tend somewhere, if you know what I mean. They were not particularly attentive nor were they personable.

Overall the food was good. even though it was after noon we all had breakfast. And everybody will find something to eat. The prices are in the $12-15 per person variety. I would go back but with lower expectations on the service.

• Visited November 2011