“Fresh food at a good price”
Review of The Garden Vegan Cafe - CLOSED

The Garden Vegan Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Durango, Colorado
“Fresh food at a good price”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We really liked the food here. We had smoothies and salads. The veggies were as crisp and flavorful as we had hoped for from an agricultural area. We ate outside, and were happy we did, but we probably would have enjoyed the clean, modern interior as well. We hope to go again!

Visited August 2013

Walla Walla, Washington
“I'm no vegan”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Now and then we have tried a vegetarian restaurant. None has been worth going back to. So both of us were surprised to be delighted with the food at Garden. Tasty, appealing, well balanced, filling, and just plain good. I think even a determined carnivore would be happy at Garden. The ambience is on the spartan side, but that's not what you're there for anyway.

• Visited September 2013
“great vegan lunch”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Walla Walla for work and was nervous about finding a place that was vegan friendly. A Google search later pointed me in the direction of this little gem. The food was a great value. Simple preparation but perfect for lunch. I had the eggless salad sandwich and loved it!

• Visited July 2013
Tucson, AZ
“Our Food Was Fresh and Well-Prepared”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

For a town as small as Walla Walla, my husband and I were surprised (and grateful!) to find a vegan restaurant. Even though we aren't vegans, we are health nuts and try to eat mostly only vegetables and fruits. This place fit the bill for providing us with a nice array of choices along these lines.

The young man at the order counter was fairly patient and friendly in answering my questions about the inclusion of refined sugar, which I avoid like the plague, in the dishes I was considering.

My only complaint, and this is trivial, is that the straw he offered me to use in the can of coconut water I'd ordered, was unwrapped. No matter where he would had grasped it, he was going to get his germs on it and render it not safely usable. My complaint isn't with him, but the owner or manager who made the choice to have unwrapped straws as the straws for this restaurant.

Other than this, I felt OK about the whole experience. My salad (which I ordered sans dressing, since all their dressings were sweetened in some way) seemed really fresh and tasted fresh. The portion size was just right. The presentation was nicely done. And my husband and I were both served promptly after placing our order.

Most of all, I felt just so grateful for the existence of a vegan (I.e. vegetable-emphasis) restaurant like this, especially in such a small town.

I would say there was nothing creative or special in the way the dishes were conceived or served or about the décor/ambience, but again, acceptable. If I lived in Walla, Walla, I am sure I would return there regularly.

• Visited July 2013
Olympia
“Noise level disturbing!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

First time eating in new location on Main Street. Usual good, interesting food, well prepared and served; however, the noise level was very disturbing. The room was about 1/2 filled but it was almost impossible to carry on a conversation due to the irritating roar from the machines making smoothies. Perhaps a sound proof cover would help reduce the noise. The remodeled space with all hard surfaces also created a problem. Please quiet down the noise level!

• Visited May 2013
JesseT186, Owner at The Garden Vegan Cafe, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
syringa69,

We have recently purchased the new Vitamix-QT. This has reduced the level of noise in the restaurant tremendously. It also makes smoothies faster, which is another plus. Thank you for you feed back, hope top see you back soon.

Thanks,