“Still a great destination!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walla Walla
Inn at Blackberry Creek
Ranked #1 of 12 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We just spent three days -our 6th visit to this fabulous B & B - and it never disappoints. This time we brought friends who were experiencing Walla Walla for the first time. We stayed in the two upper rooms of the Inn. Our friends were absolutely entranced by the lovely grounds of the Inn, the superb service and great breakfasts, and the thoughtful amenities in the rooms. The beds are fabulous - super comfortable with high thread count sheets, and a great choice of pillows for any taste. The cookies that appear every afternoon are scumptious, and there is coffee with any desired strength available at all times - tea, too. Truly, this place is special and the quality never changes - it's top drawer in every way. Trust me!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and i love B&B's we needed a place in Walla Walla, found this one in the book and drove by, kind of didn't fit the look we were hoping. So we went to an in-town motel, inspected a room and left back to Blackberry creek WOW was our initial thought wrong. An absolutely beautiful setting and facility just go there. One of the nice touches is the numerous bikes available, i grabbed one and went out to pick up chinese and sit in the garden for dinner.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

This Inn is without a doubt everything a B&B strives to be! My husband has been in the hospitality industry for 40 years and thus our travels have been plenty over the years. Rarely do we see the attention to detail that we witnessed at this Inn....furnishings, bedding, food/beverage, amenities,grounds,etc. Barbara the owner/innkeeper has nailed the concept of hospitality from every angle. She is to be applauded for presenting such a lovely product!

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Certain spots are meant to be enjoyed and the Inn at Blackberry Creek is one. We enjoyed the quiet on our first, but certainly not our last, visit to Walla Walla. This was a convenient and relaxing place to stay. The beds were comfortable and gave you that nice cozy feeling. Sue and Barb checked in to make sure we were comfortable. We enjoyed the play at the Little Theater, the Art Walk on Friday evening, and of course wine tasting were all convenient from here and Barb was a knowledgeable hostess! Which is very nice on your first visit!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Where do I start? I am the travel planner in my family, and take great pains to find accommodations that will enhance the experience of a locale. After 24 hours in Walla Walla, don't be surprised if you starting daydreaming about moving here. It has everything (in my book) -- temperate climate, cultural venues, fabulous restaurants and shopping, charming housing stock including many historically important properties, gorgeous university campus, etc.
After 10 minutes at the Inn at Blackberry Creek, you will KNOW that you found THE absolutely best B&B in its price range-- not only in Walla Walla, but perhaps anywhere. Even my husband --who has far less of an evaluative nature than myself -- . remarked on the attention to every little detail that adds up to a wonderful, serene guest experience..
I offer some insight on the Inn at Blackberry Creek based on criteria that are important to me:
ROOMS and OUTDOOR SPACE- One of my top priorities is a room with a balcony or patio of some type. I know that with an outdoor space I won't feel cramped. OF the three rooms in the Inn, one has a balcony complete with hot tub. We stayed in this room on our first of two nights at the Inn, then switched to one of the other two rooms on our second night (balcony room was booked.) Prior to booking our rooms, I did pause a bit due to a review that indicated the balcony was adjacent to a driveway (which it is) , with the implication that privacy would suffer as a result. NOTE, however: The driveway is half-a-story BELOW your patio, and very infrequently used. (See the second photo attached to this review for an exterior view of the deck and the proximity to side drive.) Your privacy is perfectly fine, and the leafy views on the sunset-side of the Inn are lovely. Nice place for hot-tub and champagne soiree as the sun goes down.
KEY INSIGHT: The other two rooms in the Inn are extremely spacious, owing in part to a light-filled addition on the back of the house dedicated to bath and dressing rooms. Lovely views and every comfort I could think of. I could have happily stayed in either of these two rooms (both on the second floor) for both nights of my stay. Closets are large, you have a refrigerator, ironing board, robes, lighting is sufficient for reading (a key issue for me), cable TV if you want it, fireplace, seating for two and a table between, and a generous supply of Hershey kisses at hand..
24-HOUR COFFEE -- I don't want coffee availability 24 hours a day, but I DO want access to good coffee early in the morning. Not a problem here: The Inn's kitchen is accessible 24-hours a day, and provides access to single-serve brewed coffee (high quality coffee), fruit, homemade cookies, and even ice-cream (honor-bar charges for ice cream.) Never fear that you will go hungry or coffee-less here.
VIEWS: In wine country, I want an opportunity to enjoy a bottle of wine -- outside preferably -- in a spot with a lovely view. The Inn has well-tended, expansive grounds -- and from your second-floor room you can look back over gardens, an expansive lawn, then a small creek and fruit trees beyond. At creek-side are two inviting Adirondack chairs and a table in-between -- you can see this from your room. A perfectly lovely place to share a bottle of wine. If the weather had not been cooperative, we would have happily shared a bottle of wine in the sitting area of our room, which had a view of the lush gardens and trees beyond, and an adjacent fireplace. ....sigh....very, very nice
PROXIMITY TO POINTS OF INTEREST: The Inn is located perhaps a mile from downtown Walla Walla. While you could walk the distance or drive it, of course, I highly recommend using the Inn's bicycles to explore some of the neighborhoods. Lots of charming housing stock, as well as many streets replete with historic homes, not to mention the picturesque nearby University. There are several winery "clusters" nearby, and Barbara can direct you to areas that would most please your interests. NOTE: Barbara will also arrange dinner reservations at places that fit your tastes. We highly recommend Saffron. If they have lamb tartare on the menu, snap it up -- it's an experience of warm, cool, savory, and yeasty sensations - quite a treat....but I digress.
PRIVACY -- You can enjoy as much privacy as you want -- no obligation to spend time with other guests at breakfast if you don't care to, as you can specify breakfast at a time of your choosing. (You will see the other guest's breakfast times on a blackboard in the kitchen. ) Side note -- Breakfasts are top notch -- the best I have experienced at any B&B, including those in Napa wine country. In any case, at the most, there are only two other sets of guests at the Inn.
INNKEEPER SUPPORT -- Barbara is the perfect innkeeper, to my way of thinking. Extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of the area, and happy to share, but not obtrusive. I peppered her with questions on old-house maintenance -- as this venerable farm-house-type home is in immaculate condition -- and extremely serene (comfort without clutter), and she shared many tips with me. I firmly believe in seeking out professionals who are passionate and energetic about their chosen profession -- and Barbara is just that -- passionate about creating the very best guest experience possible.
OK - I've covered the high points. If the Inn at Blackberry Creek has availability, consider yourself fortunate, and book ANY ONE of the three rooms. You will be quite pleased with your decision.

1  Thank L8Bloomer
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Inn in Sept. Such a beautiful home with its antique furnishings and artistic themes, it was a perfect getaway spot for us. We stayed in the Renoir Suite with a large luxurious bed, nice bathroom, and private deck with spa. We enjoyed the sitting room with its cozy fireplace and the garden sitting areas on the park-like grounds and creek. What a beautiful setting, private, yet close to parks and town. The breakfast was outstanding featuring delicious healthy food and great coffee. We also took advantage of the bikes provided to tour around town and the college. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

Barbara and Sue are both friendly, people persons,
You immediatly feel like guests in thier home.
The house is perfect for a B&B. Everything is relaxed, from when you want your breakfast to the great grounds around the house.
I'm sure we will return for another stay, and will recommend to anyone going to the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Green Gables Inn
#2 of 12 in Walla Walla
Cameo Heights Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla

Been to Inn at Blackberry Creek? Share your experiences!