“A little gem.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Walla Walla, Washington
“A little gem.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

As one reviewer states, they started selling their food at the Downtown Farmers Market, pressing each tortilla to order. It is wonderful that now we can eat their great food more than 1/2 day a week. Grandma doesn't speak English, and sometimes their helpers struggle with English, but worth struggling thru the language barrier. Manny works full time at another job, besides working here in his "spare" time.
The pork is fantastic, as is the hibiscus tea. Obviously not your normal "Mexican" restaurant, with melted mystery cheese, etc.
and then you go next door to Colville St Patisserie for dessert!

Visited June 2014

Bellingham, Washington
“Good Food, but not Great overall”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch one afternoon as we pulled into Walla Walla for a long weekend. Was really looking forward to some authentic Mexican food. Overall, the experience was good (not great). I sampled the beef, chicken and pork tacos and my wife had the pork burrito. I"d say the food was good to great, depending on the item. We loved, loved, loved the pork, and the beef and chicken were good. The owner came out to say hello and was very friendly, but the other server was slow and forgot a couple times things we had asked for. She was apologetic and nice, but saw her forget another table's request for water (same as us). Tighten up the service and this would be a much better rating. I'd go here again to eat, but I wouldn't go too far out of our way to go there.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank nwwinelover
Bellevue, Washington
“Very nice place, really good food!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at this place and it was great. Traditional mexican food in a very nice location. My wife had the burrito with vegetarian filling (the one with Prickly Pear Cactus) which was very good. I had fish tacos that were great as well. We had both Agua de Jamaica and Horchata, very refreshing!

Staff was really friendly. Highly recommended.

1 Thank juancuribev
Walla Walla, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

food is so delicious and authentic! The hibiscus tea is quiet refreshing. Menu options are quite filling.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lk M
College Place, Washington
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a yummy burrito! I ordered the veggie burrito with cactus, fresh pico, avocado and all the rest. Wow, this was really good! Fresh! The gal in line in front of me told me she tried them last week and has been craving their food all week. I would agree with her. I will crave this place until I return! And the service was excellent. Super friendly guy made my food and chatted with me while he worked. Such a treat, a good personal touch. There are a lot of greasy, heavy Mexican places in Walla Walla that I don't much enjoy. I enjoy Dora's Deli at the Worm Ranch. But this place is different completely. I will continue to enjoy both. This place is definitely more affordable. My burrito was $6 and change, with chips and two small salsas. Excellent!

• Visited January 2014